Speech Day/Night prizes for topping a course (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Omigosh I can't believe you people get such great prizes... I came first in 6 subjects, worked my butt off for it, and what did I get? 6 pieces of paper. I was still happy about it though, it more the sense of achievement than anything else. I can't believe some of you people are complaining about not winning enough money/vouchers... you should be greatful that you get monetary prizes.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah, i think the money is good, and comes in handy for study guides and such, but really, its the achievements that's worth the most...like the mastercard ads..."its priceless" :D:p

*10#

yeah i think certificates are pretty stingy
our school was pretty good but it depends on the subject
i got a book worth $45 about Gallipoli for coming 1st in history ext
but then others just got engraved medals for some subjects
i guess prizes are nice but its the results come december that really matter

swordfish

They combined some of our awards and gave jewellery...e.g I got a silver bracelet for PE, Studies of religion and Adv. English.
Problem is, sometimes they choose feral stuff....my friend got a pair of massive clip on earrings that were soooo ugly.
At least they tried!
I think vouchers is the best idea...or they could simply cough up some cash!

swordfish

My sisters school doesn't have a presentation at all...they believe that 'the reward is in the task'. They didn't even get told their ranks...had to look them up on 'students online.'

Nezz

HSC
for the major acaemic awardthat i got, they gave me a clock with my name and the name of the award engraved on it. not exactly something that you would want but i cant complain i guess... it's more than just a piece of paper :)

swangal

we get $40 book vouchers per each 2u subject we top...or $30 book voucher if its a one unit subject.
Dux isnt awarded to the current yr 12 until the Year after ( 2004) presentation becos they go off UAI'S. but we also had a pre PRE hSC dux thing and 2 of us came equal and won $500 each, and 3 runners up got $100 each

swangal

Originally posted by ND
$500?! Which school is this? What does the dux get?
Our year advisor worked real hard to get extra money 4 it this year...usually the runners up get $50 and they split the $500 if its 2 ppl. Illawarra Sports HIgh School ( in wollongong) is the school...Not sure what the priza for dux is...Some company sponsors it but i think its about $100

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I cannot believe all you people get prizes of monetary value. All we get is a certificate, year in-year out. I was grateful for that until I read this thread! Unbelievable...

Are you all from private schools?

I really should have enrolled at a private school... I feel cheated :S

crazylilmonkee

HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
our school just gives out book vouchers, although they're worth quite a lot
i got about $330 in yr10, and $180 last year
dunno bout this year, speech night's on feb 24 :rolleyes:
omg are you for real????

crazylilmonkee

HSC
well dux at my school gets one book like the rest of the top 10

.. sweetie

ahahhahhahaa

chip

HSC
we get medals and certificates for coming first then there are like special awards such as principles prize and english awards and maths award
i got the foundation cup donated by the first year twelve and given to an 'alrounder' ever year since
i havent actually seen this cup cause our school is being re-done and its in storage but still its cool

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
$50 book voucher for each prize, ten prizes is $500 :)

Young'un

HSC
N/A
We get book vouchers

$10 Year 7/8
$15 Year 9/10
$20 Year 11/12

I got Dux of Year 10 last year, which is $30, I expect I'll get Dux of Year 11 this Year ($100, I believe).

Dux of Year 12 is worth about $7500 or so, I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)