• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

speech for dux..need help!!! (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
How does your school even know who the dux is yet? At our school they just based it on who had the highest UAI. They figure it's too hard to work out who is the dux otherwise, since everyone does different subjects that get marked in different ways.

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
be honest! don't go on bullshitting how wonderful the school is, blah blah blah.. no one wants to hear that and besides, it sounds fake. This is *your* moment to shine - be original! tell them how you really feel, but don't go making it sound extremely formal otherwise people will tune out. keep it short and sweet, and humerous whenever possible :) good luck, and congrats! I can't believe you're not screaming for joy right now.. you're dux!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
We don't even have dux at our school, this whole modern 'lets be fair and equitable to everyone and lets not make the stupid people feel small' We have awards for coming first in subjects as well as awards for doing well across all of your subjects but thats it, no 'this person is better than you all'

Young'un

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Frigid
start off with the quote from Isaac Newton:
AAAH!!!

That 'Newton quote' is one of the most annoying ever.

1 - Newton was in fact quoting someone else, he just didn't use quotation marks because it was, at the time, an incredibly famous quote.

2 - He was using it to make fun of the person to whom he was writing, who was very short, by linking mental to physical stature.

I'll check the whys and wherefores before I come back on, but I thought I'd let you know.

I might even provide some useful comments for whoever it is, if I can be bothered.

juggernaut

HSC
be inspirational.. its being delivered to younger years right?
give them some insight into what they are heading for and encourage them to do well and shit

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Hmm dux doesnt give a speech at our school .. i would use that quote definetly and talk about how ur parents have also supported you.. then go on bout ur teachers, how encouraging they have been and how uve developed strong relatinoships with them over the years. if your leaving school -- that is if your in ur final year say wat u hope to do, how the school has prepared you and ur time at school over the years.. sorry i couldnt be much help good luck!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i had to make my graduation speech as captain, and now my skool wants me to make another speech 4 presentation day, i sed all i had to say at graduation and now im speechless, so im in the same boat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)