Speech Help (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
My english class have a speech due next week, i have been urgently searching everywhere for both a film and a tv show that can relate to one of these coleridge poems: rime of the ancient mariner, lime tree bower, frost at midnight and kubla khan.

Basically we have to talk about how the film and tv show relate to one of the poems and then discuss how they have shaped our understanding of imaginative journeys.

If ANYONE has any ideas about what i can use and which poem i can relate it too it will be greatly appreciated. I'm really stressing out because every idea i have come up with doesnt relate to a coleridge poem.

thanks to anyone who can help, you guys really are my last and only hope :)

tanjap

HSC
hey
this may not be much help but have u considered relating 'a beautiful mind' with kubla khan?
if u havent seen the movie ill spoil it for u its about a really smart and lonely guy who imagines the aspects which he is missing..ie a best friend, a sister possibly...and someone who appreciates his genius.
the way it could POSSIBLY be related is that kubla khan is an extract - coleridges dream...and john nash (the guy in a beautiful mind) imagines this concept of other people. both are on an imaginary level...and depict that the imagination is a very powerful aspect. kubla khan is a strong poem which emphasises on just this...the power of coleridges imagination to recreate xanadu..
supernatural themes can also be brought in both sources..as well as the nature aspect - john nash develops this through his natural surrounding?? POSSIBLY or maybe not..i DUNNOO
umm...i dunno...this is probably not going to make ANY sense at all...but i tried...
hope it helps a bittt...
cheers

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
thanks heaps :) yeah u actually gave me a really good idea. Thanks so much

ellz

HSC
the lion the witch and the wardrobe...??

does anyone know how i could relate the lion the witch and the wardrobe to the tempest? im in a total blank..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)