speech pathology ACU or Macquarie?? (1 Viewer)

anonymousssss

HSC
Thinking about going to ACU or Macquarie for speech path. Which one is better? Does anyone have any advice or experiences they could share??

Personally, the only reason don't want to go to ACU is because the uni seems small, not very diverse and i've heard social life is not it. Although, the ACU course does seem better.

Any thoughts - even just regarding the unis - would be much appreciated :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I think one of the fundamental things to consider is accreditation. ACU's Bachelor of Speech Pathology is currently accredited with Speech Pathology Australia in Brisbane, Melbourne and North Sydney. Accreditation means that all graduates will be eligible to apply for membership of Speech Pathology Australia. MQ's Bachelor of Speech and Hearing Sciences on the other hand isn’t a professional speech pathology qualification. If you wish to qualify for clinical practice in either audiology or speech-language pathology, you’ll need to do further (postgraduate) study to gain the appropriate professional accreditation.

The above indicates that ACU has a superior and more efficient degree/program for speech pathology, unlike MQ, which requires you to study a bachelor's degree as well as a master's degree in order to obtain the necessary qualification that allows you to work in your desired field.

In terms of ATAR requirements, ACU's Bachelor of Speech Pathology requires an 80 ATAR, whereas MQ's Bachelor of Speech and Hearing Sciences requires a selection rank of 83. Based on this, I believe a good ATAR to aim for would be around the 85 region, just to be safe.

In addition, I believe ACU has been putting in effort to improve its quality across different areas particularly within the last couple of years including the provision of better facilities, improving degree quality and providing more locations, allowing for more students in Sydney to access the university, and the Blacktown campus is a good example of this.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)