...speech Writing... (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

...we have an in class assessment coming up and we are supposed to wite a speech.......my teacher told us that the key to writing a good speech is the amount of creative effort you put into it..........how exactly are you suppoosed to be creative when you write a speech...she told us to incorporate jokes and stuff.....but wilfred owen isn't exactly a funny guy......mayb with some jokes or some creative things i could put into a speech

....so can anyone help?.....

hatty

Banned
do this

"good morning ladies and gentlemen and a FUCK YOU.... "

gauranteed 2 make some of ur friends laugh

MouNtY

....lmao.....i'm sure my teacher would be over joyed at hearing my say that....lol

C

CaR

well...a good speech doesnt neccessarily have to include "jokes"...and i dont know what "stuff" you want.
maybe you tell us something about ur text. that oughta help =D

MouNtY

.......oh it's about wilfred owen and his poems.........his poems are all about war and how it's useless and crap like that.......

my teacher told us to be creative in wrtiting it..and i don't know what "creative" things are supposed to ber in it

osek

HSC
I think by 'creative' she is just trying to see what you can write about what you know. When you've got a speech to do, the aim of it isn't just to answer the question, anybody can get given a question and answer it. The main points for having a good speech is to analyse the information you know and to contrast it, so by contrasting it i mean use sources, not just one, as many as you can get, you can never be penalized for writing more than expected. Also, a main aspect for speeches is to inspire and persuade the audience, if your speech is a sided one(involves a true and false response) then this will be easy. I am currently doing a speech on wilfred owen as well, asking me to analyse how the technique of two of his poems inspire us to consider the values by which we live. Using this as a topic, ill firstly talk about poetic devices then set out the speech, and then probably compare values shown in owens poetry compared to ours and give reasons why. Now that i set out what to write about, the tone in which you say it will give u alot of marks too. Some teachers mark on what u present and how it is presented, from the second u stand up your teachers can start marking u down. Be positive, practice your speeches, enjoy life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)