speech (1 Viewer)

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
I have a speech in a coupla days on 'imaginative journeys' based on a movie (I chose 'contact'). I'm really really nervous about this cause I REALLY need a good mark-it's worth 20%. My question: do you have any tips for speeches? Like how to stand and stuff? This is tooooo important to stuff up :(

zelda

if you have palm cards, just read it out loud to ur self many times or against the mirror ...so u get used to it...
when ur up there...make sure you hav eye contact..loud, good voice...that everyone can hear...dont move around or fidget! yea dat should be about it...main stuff the marker looks out for is voice, physical (appropriate gestures, eye contact, confidence), content and effectiveness. OH and try not to shake hehe! just try to relax and go with the flow~ GL :)

KarmaKitten

HSC
although they do mark you on your presentation eg voice, tone etc. most of the marks will be going to your content, so dont worry so much

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
although they do mark you on your presentation eg voice, tone etc. most of the marks will be going to your content, so dont worry so much
Agreed.

If you can, it's a good idea to try and rehearse your speech to the stage where you can continue speaking (loudly, directly, shifting your eye contact around the room) whilst swapping palm-cards. Doing it without awkward pauses for swapping does help.
Good luck for your speech.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)