• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Speech (1 Viewer)

ildgeesethatfly

HSC
Hello!
I have finally decided (I think) that I am doing a speech.
Its going to be set at a literature prize, and be about narrative traditions etc. etc. Im not really sure myself yet, still trying to adapt the themes from the poems, that I originally intended on writing, into speech form (where they are much more at home).
Anyway, there are other people out there doing speeches, yes?
What are your themes?
Also, does anyone have any tips about what scores well in speeches?
Any help whatsoever would be very, very, very helpful.
THANKYOU

Last edited:

korry

HSC
N/A
i'm doing a speech!!! hahaha yay! finally someone else whoz doing one...not many pplz do it...so it gets lonely...haha
i'm doing mine on changing chinese australian culture...so like how its changed and stuff like that...i'm still thinking of wat kind of speech i wanna give...coz there are so many to choose from

do u know how you're gonna put yours together? like are you going to get it recorded in a studio? or are u going to do it yourself?

ildgeesethatfly

HSC
Your idea sounds interesting!
I'm deffinately going to record mine myself, just wih a microphone and a computer. Maybe put some clapping sound effects in here and there. A studio would be so expensive, wouldn't it?

Yeah, I don't know anyone else doing one. Actually, I know absolutely nothing about the catorgory of "speeches". Like, how do they genererally go? what are they generally about?
Are you supposed to use lots of sound effects?

acer91

HSC
N/A
Hey!! I opted to do a speech too! You're right Korry, it does get lonely, I'm so glad that i've finally stumbled across others doing a speech this year. I was getting a bit nervous haha. Both of your themes sound VERY impressive. I'm still trying to work out what topic i'm going to discuss, but i'm heading towards materialism, which really isnt all that sophisticated so im gonna hav to make up for it with my angle. Mines set at London's Speaker's corner in Hyde Park and it takes on a pastiche like structure, its weird...i'm not even sure of what i'm doin.

I was talking to one of the 03'ers from here who also did a speech and she got 48, so i'm hoping that speeches get marked well.

How hav you guys been going so far? I havnt started writing anything what so ever, so im getting very stressed! in fact I only started my journal about a month ago!!! ahhh im so lazy! Anyway, hope u guys have been fairing alot better than me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)