Speeches; any recordings? (1 Viewer)

AngularBangs

HSC
Hello,
My class is doing speeches for this Module except they all are kind of obscure. Just wondering if anyone has come across voice recordings or videos of any of them, particularly Noel Pearson's "An Australian history for us all" and Anwar Sadat's "Statement to the Knesset". Just seems strange that we have to analyse rhetoric & delivery and all that when we can only read the speeches.
Thanks a bunch.

ozzievictor

Such is HSC
HSC
Sadat speech was given in Hebrew. The English version is a translation but Sadat was fluent in english and agreed translation was accurate as did a number of language scholars at the time. I was worried about this.

I did however locate online and it was very impressive delivery although I could not understand a word. The front row of Kessett was daunting with a number of giants of that time right in his face - into the lion's den - he was a hero. My conclusion was that the speech was an exercise in balance and he did a mighty job. Although clearly Egypt (Sadat + Egypt populace) had decided to make peace with Israel regardless of the other Arab States and only demanded Israel leave the banks of the Suez Canal. That Peace has stood the text of time although it ultimately cost Sadat his life at the hands of a religious extremist.

One other major point was that this speech awoke the Arab world to using Oil as a weapon which is ironical since Egypt was the one Arab state that had nothing to gain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)