Speeches Critics (1 Viewer)

Web Addict

HSC
Hi.

Are there any good resources out there with useful critics for Module B: Critical Study of Texts- Speeches? I've been searching the Internet long and hard for the past few hours, but I can't seem to find anything at all.

Thank you.

ali2536

HSC
Hi.

Are there any good resources out there with useful critics for Module B: Critical Study of Texts- Speeches? I've been searching the Internet long and hard for the past few hours, but I can't seem to find anything at all.

Thank you.
To be honest, I don't think its necessary to have critics in your speech. The module requires your own analysis and thinking about the speeches, i.e. your personal perspective of the speech and so incorporating critical analyses would be seem like your using their ideas and not having your own input.

albertcamus

HSC
To be honest, I don't think its necessary to have critics in your speech. The module requires your own analysis and thinking about the speeches, i.e. your personal perspective of the speech and so incorporating critical analyses would be seem like your using their ideas and not having your own input.
You can say that they shaped your understanding of the text.

As for speeches, a non-fiction scattered collection of random speeches means there's not likely to be any critical analyses on them so it's best to look at comments by journalists, peace activists, prime ministers and so on.

Lina3

HSC
Or you can just incorporate general quotes by well known people on the art of rhetoric. However, remember that direct quotes about the speeches are safer to use in the introduction and conclusion. They may look clumsy in the body paragraphs if you don't use them well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)