Speeches? (1 Viewer)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Has anybody done a speech in anc. history before? If so, I was wondering if I could get some help.

I have to do one on Caesar and we have to talk for about 10 mins on three of the following topics:

1. Caesar's magisterial career 69-62BC
2. Caesar's first consulship 59BC
3. Caesar's Bellum Gallicum
4. Caesar's proconsulship in Gaul
5. Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon 49BC
6. Caesar as a partrician, Marian and popularis

Which ones do you recommend I do? And how should I layout my speech?

And also we have to write a 750-1000 word summary of the speech. Should this be written as any typical history essay and should it not sound too much like the speech itself?

Much appreciated. :)

X

xeuyrawp

nicko88 said:
Has anybody done a speech in anc. history before? If so, I was wondering if I could get some help.

I have to do one on Caesar and we have to talk for about 10 mins on three of the following topics:

1. Caesar's magisterial career 69-62BC
2. Caesar's first consulship 59BC
3. Caesar's Bellum Gallicum
4. Caesar's proconsulship in Gaul
5. Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon 49BC
6. Caesar as a partrician, Marian and popularis

Which ones do you recommend I do? And how should I layout my speech?

And also we have to write a 750-1000 word summary of the speech. Should this be written as any typical history essay and should it not sound too much like the speech itself?

Much appreciated. :)
Hey,

You'll find a lot of schools are now doing speeches, with political correctness dictating that "real" skills are enhanced (public speaking).

Do whichever question you're comfortable with, but I like the first one.

The summary should be your speech in point form, basically. It should follow the same structure and should be followable whilst reading your speech (although they might not follow on your sheet, it should be followable).

Don't worry about making them different, although you should include all the sources on your summary sheet. Maybe even do arrows, like Caesar's carreer here (shown by) ---> evidence... Or something to that extent.

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
PwarYuex said:
The summary should be your speech in point form, basically. It should follow the same structure and should be followable whilst reading your speech (although they might not follow on your sheet, it should be followable).

Don't worry about making them different, although you should include all the sources on your summary sheet. Maybe even do arrows, like Caesar's carreer here (shown by) ---> evidence... Or something to that extent.
You mean everybody will have a copy of the summary? And I'm a bit confused with the arrow comment.

X

xeuyrawp

nicko88 said:
You mean everybody will have a copy of the summary? And I'm a bit confused with the arrow comment.
Probably just the teacher/s marker/s.

With the arrow:

You should include all evidence you refer to. I was just saying that if you used evidence to back up one, simple point, you could use an arrow. Say if you were using a coin to show Caesar's propaganda, you could do this:

Caesar's military image was shown to be x ---> Example of this coin.

Something simple, like not anything like an essay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)