Speed & Stall Pass Test in QLD (1 Viewer)

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
news.com.au said:
Allowed to speed 5km/h over limit five times
Can stall six times, steer with one hand
Driving examiners angered at changes
Read more: Learner drivers allowed to speed, drive with one hand, stall vehicle and still pass test | News.com.au

Interested to hear BOS point of view on this one. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read it, honestly if you can't avoid doing those in a test situation then what will stop you on your own.

Interested to see the figures for crashes/speeding in 1st year provisional drivers in Queensland and if it increases following this.

Nice mix of messages going on. Don't speed, but if you accidentally do it in a test FIVE times don't worry you will still pass. /facepalm

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I honestly don't mind the speeding thing, nsw/vic will never allow it because every time you speed you kill a bunch of fluffy kittens. A 5km/h tolerance is a step in the right direction (I'm guessing that the idea behind this was hills and such, just so you don't have to stare at your speedo all the time).

As for stalling - heaps of licensed drivers do it, and it's never really dangerous when it happens because they're always stationary, but six times? fuck me sideways you shouldn't even be thinking of taking a test if you stall 6 times in what, 20 minutes?

appletoa

HSC
you shouldn't even be thinking of taking a test if you stall 6 times in what, 20 minutes?
It does seem rather excessive when you think about it. Maybe 1 stall, or perhaps 2 if you're really unlucky, but anything more than that is approaching incompetence.

I have to admit I have stalled a car 3 times in a row once though (I was trying to move a clapped out sierra, eventually found it needed about the accelerator about 3/4 of the way down before it would budge in first gear).

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I honestly don't mind the speeding thing, nsw/vic will never allow it because every time you speed you kill a bunch of fluffy kittens. A 5km/h tolerance is a step in the right direction (I'm guessing that the idea behind this was hills and such, just so you don't have to stare at your speedo all the time).

As for stalling - heaps of licensed drivers do it, and it's never really dangerous when it happens because they're always stationary, but six times? fuck me sideways you shouldn't even be thinking of taking a test if you stall 6 times in what, 20 minutes?
It's not just the tolerance though but allowing it to happen five times.

The stalling one I kind of understand. Though if it was during a hill start that could be a potential hazard. Person freaking out not putting handbrake/brake back on.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I have to try pretty hard to not go over by more than 5, I'd say I'd do it easily more than 5 times a trip. nfi if they have the speeding kills campaign over there but if they do it'll cop a whole heap of backlash.

And there is no excuse for stalling that many times, regardless of where you are. Two stalls tops, anything more you should spend a couple of hours finding the friction point in a car park.

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
if you are competent lol stalling only happens when you arent concentrating or something
if you do it twice you are a tard but i would say 2 is a good limit

really going for your Ls you should definitely be concentrating and shouldnt do it at all

i stalled my motorbike like 5 times in a row when i got it cos i was used to an AG200 that didnt need throttle to take off and i was scared of giving it too much and flipping it haha

Jimmy Recard

Banned
HSC
if you are competent lol stalling only happens when you arent concentrating or something
if you do it twice you are a tard but i would say 2 is a good limit

really going for your Ls you should definitely be concentrating and shouldnt do it at all

i stalled my motorbike like 5 times in a row when i got it cos i was used to an AG200 that didnt need throttle to take off and i was scared of giving it too much and flipping it haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)