Sports & Aquatic Centre membership (1 Viewer)

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
I read about the new sports and aquatic centre in mac. uni. What is the facility like? Does anyone have pictures? What's the membership fee like?

Soon, i'll be back in Sydney and want to ditch Fitness First (for many reasons). Just thought that uni gym can be a solution.

Monstar

HSC
how you gonna train during the holidays? you really gonna drive into uni?

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
I used to pay $37.50/mth for the uni gym. It has a swimming pool too. I had to cancel my membership simply because...I HATE 545.:mad:

Miliux

Livin' in Amsterdam
HSC
Monstar said:
how you gonna train during the holidays? you really gonna drive into uni?
Buses i guess. In Amsterdam i used the subway/metro and i didn't mind.

I'm a keen trainer and i would to keep it that way.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
It's a decent gym but probably not the best for those interested in strength training.

Weights area is quite small, and the number of machines are limited, only one squat cage etc. Also gets packed during peak hours.

The price of membership is awesome and the people who train there are nice since its mainly students, staff and alumni.

Overall, its wayyyyy better than fitness first.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
It's good. I pay $150 upfront for 4 months, which works out to be $37.50 a month. I think it also gets you access to the pools (I've never used them).

Same price for alumni and students, and I've haven't seen it packed (though I've never been during the day).

weiwern28

HSC
N/A
Its pretty good overall and really convenient if you live on campus though it does get crowded. Does anyone know what time is non peak because I usually go around 4.30pm?

hannahxxx

HSC
I go there. Basically I pay $37.50 a month, which they take out of my bank account and I generally don't notice gone. You get free classes ( tae kwon do, boxercise, aerobics etc) included in this amount. They're open from 5am-10pm weekdays, which works really well for me, seeing as I live close by and generally go from 9pm-10pm most nights when nobodies there ( all the machines are free). The weights area ( as someone has pointed out) is pretty small, but they have a good range of running machines, bike machines and cardio stuff. They staff are rlly friendly and it's probably the best gym I've been to. But keep in mind that it takes me a 5 minute walk to get to, whereas you live further away and hence you'd probably be there during peak times ( when there's less machines available because of the people)

hannahxxx

HSC
weiwern28 said:
Its pretty good overall and really convenient if you live on campus though it does get crowded. Does anyone know what time is non peak because I usually go around 4.30pm?
The other morning I went from 6am-6.30am and it was pretty deserted ( for obvious reasons of it being so early). And then last night I went at 8.30pm-9.30pm and there was hardly anyone there also. I know these aren't ideal times but if you live on campus and are motivated enough :p you get an awesome selection of machines

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
mmmm i find that between 6am-8am its packed with gym rats.

It gets quiet from 8-10am then it gets busy 1ish-2, then after about 4 it gets packed with after-workers.

AM is always better than PM.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
The gym itself is pretty good.

There are a few issues, such as only one power rack and it sometimes get hogged with people doing curls and bent over rows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)