Sports Med...taping?? (1 Viewer)

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
at my school we have a sports med assessment... its not fun... we're being assessed at how well we tape and ankle for a medial ligament strain... this is worth 15 % and they are marking things like pre and post ankle movement... how crinkled the tape is!!!... i dunno much about this... my teacher is overseas!! any help...greatly appreciated...

Cab31

HSC
Samie_Loo said:
at my school we have a sports med assessment... its not fun... we're being assessed at how well we tape and ankle for a medial ligament strain... this is worth 15 % and they are marking things like pre and post ankle movement... how crinkled the tape is!!!... i dunno much about this... my teacher is overseas!! any help...greatly appreciated...
General principles of ankle taping

Learn how to tear the tape. It can be difficult and frustrating at first, but, with practice, tearing tape becomes quite simple. Hold the tape between the thumb and index finger of each hand with little to no gap between the thumbs. Quickly pull the hands in opposite directions to complete the tear.

Avoid tape wrinkles as these can lead to blisters and discomfort. First, smooth the tape while it is being applied, as you do not get a second chance. Second, learn to use the angles naturally supplied by the body part. Forcing tape in a direction it does not want to go only serves to increase wrinkles and is less effective.

In general, tape strips should overlay each other by about one half the width of the tape. Each area should be covered by 2 layers of tape. Uncovered areas within the taped ankle lead to blisters.

Do not use excessive force when applying tape. Constriction of blood flow is possible when tape is applied too tightly.

The Iceman

HSC
Samie_Loo said:
It isn't a difficult concept but study it enough to know. If you get in a pickle, just remember the BIG 3:
ANCHORS
STIRRUPS
FIGURE 6'S
Good Luck

Leesa Moochie

ask a physio

if you can, ask a physio to demonstarte it to u...and get some tape sso u can practise @ home or on friends..

Smiddy

50% deaf...
HSC
yep i agree practice practice practice, its always eaiser doing it on someone else's ankle, i strap my ankles 3 time a week for training and play, it's easy if u practice, and the right way. Make sure the foot it flat or it will end up in a disaster! when you get good at it u'l be like me and do 10 sets of anlkes on a bus on the way to a rep carnival! lol. dont stress!

rebecca05

HSC
Dude that assessment sux! And i thought our one of learning to juggle was bad (we had written stuff too)! Wat school u at? But yeh i agree just practice!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)