Sports Media (1 Viewer)

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC
February 02 2012 10:00 Tutorial system closes for preference allocation of first year level units
February 03 2012 12:00 Preference allocations released. Tutorial system reopens

Also read that it doesn't matter when you put your preferences in. If the classes fill up with first preferences then they just randomise who gets in what order.

Skriker

HSC
February 02 2012 10:00 Tutorial system closes for preference allocation of first year level units
February 03 2012 12:00 Preference allocations released. Tutorial system reopens

Also read that it doesn't matter when you put your preferences in. If the classes fill up with first preferences then they just randomise who gets in what order.
ahh right, well hopefully we will get a first preference! What if we only put one pref in? haha, do you think you will be getting a job down while studying at UC?

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC
That is what I was going to do but then I thought that if you only wanted Tuesday Wednesday for example an you couldn't get all of them, they could put you down for any day of the week at any time. I just put down random times on Tuesday Wednesday hoping they dont put me onto a third day. I think I read you have a small period when you can change your preferences once they have been allocated if your not happy.

I'm not sure. I've organized a job interview for when I get down there in a bar, but I have a good paying job back home so I have to decide if I want to come back home more and work then or work more frequently down there and not come home. The winter break is going to stuff us up. If I dont end up studying over that period, I plan on just coming home for the 3 months and I doubt once you go back, there would be a job for you haha. How about you? You still have to pay for accommodation over those breaks don't you? Would be crap because you wouldn't really be able to go home as much. When are you moving down?

Skriker

HSC
That is what I was going to do but then I thought that if you only wanted Tuesday Wednesday for example an you couldn't get all of them, they could put you down for any day of the week at any time. I just put down random times on Tuesday Wednesday hoping they dont put me onto a third day. I think I read you have a small period when you can change your preferences once they have been allocated if your not happy.

I'm not sure. I've organized a job interview for when I get down there in a bar, but I have a good paying job back home so I have to decide if I want to come back home more and work then or work more frequently down there and not come home. The winter break is going to stuff us up. If I dont end up studying over that period, I plan on just coming home for the 3 months and I doubt once you go back, there would be a job for you haha. How about you? You still have to pay for accommodation over those breaks don't you? Would be crap because you wouldn't really be able to go home as much. When are you moving down?
Ohh ok.Yeah I thought if you can choose any prefference you want can you choose 1 or 2 preferences only then? I guess thats a good thing you can change it about at the very last second. Oh nice, just try not to work wed or thursday night because its civic wednesday and lighty thursday haha, that would be good, it would probably be a good idea to get a job back home! yeah a friend and I are going to go for a job hunt in O-week and put in a our resumes to different places, kind of sucks but we move in on the 29th day before O-week yeah still have to pay because where on a contract so bit of a waste of money. not sure if I will be staying in for the winter semester plus its too cold :p. I was thinking of doing an exchange after my 1st year if I get the mark :) though, when are you going to move down to Canberra?

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC
I suppose you could only choose 1 or 2 and just hOpe you get what you want. Oh yeah, wow that is late. I move down on Sunday which gives me a week to figure out where the hell stuff is. That's why I'm glad I'm not staying on campus. Paying for something that you may not always be using. What course are you doing? Where would you like to get a transfer to? I love the cold. Hate the heat. Can't wait for winter.

Skriker

HSC
I suppose you could only choose 1 or 2 and just hOpe you get what you want. Oh yeah, wow that is late. I move down on Sunday which gives me a week to figure out where the hell stuff is. That's why I'm glad I'm not staying on campus. Paying for something that you may not always be using. What course are you doing? Where would you like to get a transfer to? I love the cold. Hate the heat. Can't wait for winter.
haha yeah, kind of sucks, but I guess we will be able to figure everything out during O-week, hmm yeah I guess though living on campus is where all the fun is! haha, might do an exchange to Canada for a year! Yeah love the winter and its good especially since canberra is alot closer to the snow :)

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC
Yeah i suppose so. That would be a great experience. I want to go to America but i don't know if they do the course there and the cost would be to much. Yeah, I'm hoping it snows one day down there, not that it does often but would be nice.

Skriker

HSC
Yeah i suppose so. That would be a great experience. I want to go to America but i don't know if they do the course there and the cost would be to much. Yeah, I'm hoping it snows one day down there, not that it does often but would be nice.
yeah , I was researching about it and hoping to go to go there :D, I think they have a few uni's on offer there, you could try searching there website, I am pretty sure they have places everywhere haha. See you at UC mate!

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
I should come on here more often lol.

I'm sure you would've already figured this out, but Computer Labs are the same as tutorials... you're just gonna be using computers during them. Usually, each unit has one tutorial/CLab and one lecture per week.

and as for 'rushing' to classes.. Each 1hr class, for example, only runs for 50 minutes. They finish 10 minutes early so you can get to the next class, if you need to.

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC
Thats good that they finish early. Is that just the lectures or also the tutorials?

Do they have any way of know if your turning up to your lectures or they wouldn't know if you never turn up? I will go most weeks but sometimes i won't be able to make it.

Fusilli_Jerry

HSC
Also, do you know of anyone who has gone overseas (preferably to America) in there 3rd year? They were telling us about it at the Orientation. Would love to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)