sports policy assessment (1 Viewer)

fionang8191

HSC
N/A
ok i have this assignment that asks us to develop a policy that addresses the demands of specific athletes in a sporting club.
For my club i chose a lifestyle centre (a bit like unsw's gym - if you've been there) so it like has a basketball court weights pool and stuff like that like a fitness first but more!

the policy had to have details on the following:

CHILDREN AND YOUNG ATHLETES:
- medical conditions (asthma, diabetes, epilepsy)
- overuse injuries
- thermoregulation
- mathching of opponents / even competiiton
- appropriateness of resistance training
- modified rules and equipment
- grounds and facilities

ADULT AND AGED ATHLETES:
- heart conditions

FEMALE ATHLETES:
- Eating Disorders
- Pregancy

i've done all the children and young athletes part... but i'm in a pickle over the eating disorders part... like what should a female athlete do? tell their coach? it can't be that easy cause most people with eating disorders wouldn't tell anyone.... so i can't really think of anything.... and if a person had a eating disorder they wouldn't tell and want to train even more can then they would be losing weight.... argh pickledd

and also with pregancy is it alright to say like preganant people should get a medical clearance before they join a gym and when they fall pregant and should like back off kinda thing.... (the wording just needs to be a little bit more formal but anyways)...

and one more thing i can't think of any policies to do with epilepsy or diabetes i have one of each so far. For diabetes i said that they need a medical clearance before they start and that they must have like sugary stuff with them like lollies or a fizzy drink. For epilepsy i said that like they should avoid swimming and thats it

so yea your help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks heaps:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)