Sports Studies (1 Viewer)

wwjd_frog14

HSC
is any1 doing sports studies @ UWS? its in my list of preferences for next yr, n im just wondering wat ppl think of the course...im specifically looking at the sport management side.... :)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Have you considered BA Sports & Exercise Management @ UTS? (2005 UAI 80.00)

I know someone who did Sports Management but decided to also do a degree in science, particularly related to health and sports medicine.

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Why are you reccomending other degrees in this forum?

Anyway. I want to do sports marketing, but its at bankstown and i couldent be fucked travelling.
Can't I make aware that there are other similar options available?

wwjd_frog14

HSC
yes i have looked @ a number of options...but im wondering specifically bout this course...as its is 'sports science' in the first yr and then branches out, im not fond of science, so im just wondering wat other ppl think of the course...

Lu Lu

HSC
I know a couple of people that are doing sports science. They seem to enjoy it and the workload is about 12-15 hours per week face to face. I also share my human medical science subjects with sport science. The lecture the sports science disclplined seem OK but the science subjects are difficult and seen to have a high fail rate but it you do the work after each week and don't leave it to the last minute you'll be ok (i got a distinction in hms 1). I'm not really sure what the people I know plan on doing next year but I know some of them are going to do future courses onces they finish this one. Have a look at this website for some more info but I'm sure you have seen it anyways. Maybe email the head dude for more info.
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=4557.1
Also give the student centre a ring on 1800 897 669 cause sometimes a student from your course might be working there maybe and can give you a bit of advice- and its free! I hope that help you and good luck with your choices!

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
Hey matey,
Im doing Sports Studies @Campbelltown, moving into Sport management next year. First year is really general. The science stuff sux if you are looking to do management like me, but its still interesting (you get to look at dead bodies every week!) Its hard work and there are alot of contact hours especially in 1st semester, but ive really enjoyed it!!
My whole course seems to get on really well and you get to go on an awesome field trip to the AIS in Canberra which is great fun and lets you get to know everyone really quickly
Be prepared to work if you choose it but its great fun!!

ally15

Beep.
HSC
i did pdh in yr 12 and we went to this museum full of body parts mostly retrieved from car accidents...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
OMG! Dead bodies! Thats so cool. Transferring courses ASAP!

Maybe not :cool:

Lu Lu

HSC
The dead bodies aren't that bad unless they look like someone you know. It kinda put me off eating meat for a bit but really it doesn't look like a dead body it looks more like a 3D text book. If you have a hangover its pretty bad. I did this once on a friday morning a 8am and felt like throwing up the whole two hours. Having an 8am lab on a friday meant that i couldn't get drunk on a thursday night. So if you do this subject (HMS2 or HMS3 or any other anatomy course) pick a lab that is not to early in the morning or near lunch time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)