Spot reducing--what do you think of this book? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I know that spot reducing doesn't work, but unless I'm taking it the wrong way, this book is suggesting that you can spot reduce--"8 Minutes in the Morning to a Flat Belly: Lose Up to 6 Inches in Less than 4 Weeks" by Jorge Cruise. Saw in Dymocks today at Broadway.

HSC
N/A
haha I think they're not pushing the spot-reducing thing so much as saying 'do these exercises, and among other things OMG YOUR TUMMY WILL BECOME FLAT BUY BUY BUY!" because the tummy area is a common problem area for many women :) (ie marketing point)

I'd be very suprised if a person lost a lot of weight by non-surgical means around their tummy and nowhere else :p

Predd

UAI99.55 Personal Trainer
HSC
Something that I've learnt being in the industry - companies will suggest ANYTHING in order to make a few $$$. It frustrates me beyond belief...recently an overweight person was arguing with me because I wrote an article on my website where I clearly stated that spot reduction is a long-lost myth!

Recently I saw an advertisement for the "Ab King Pro"...yeah...another "best thing since sliced bread" machine promising a flat stomach in days. So I wrote a bit of an article on it (okay...a bit of a rant) at:

http://www.aminoz.com.au/king-will-really-flatten-your-stomach-n-98.html

You would be amazed at how many people have googled the Ab King Pro, found my website and were actually going to buy this machine had they not read that article!

--

Jay Bonaretti
2005 Aus IronMan BodyBlitz Champ & Personal Trainer
AminoZ.com.au

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
Predd said:
Something that I've learnt being in the industry - companies will suggest ANYTHING in order to make a few $$$. It frustrates me beyond belief...recently an overweight person was arguing with me because I wrote an article on my website where I clearly stated that spot reduction is a long-lost myth!

Recently I saw an advertisement for the "Ab King Pro"...yeah...another "best thing since sliced bread" machine promising a flat stomach in days. So I wrote a bit of an article on it (okay...a bit of a rant) at:

http://www.aminoz.com.au/king-will-really-flatten-your-stomach-n-98.html

You would be amazed at how many people have googled the Ab King Pro, found my website and were actually going to buy this machine had they not read that article!

--

Jay Bonaretti
2005 Aus IronMan BodyBlitz Champ & Personal Trainer
AminoZ.com.au

My mother actually bought that, and yeah - it had no obvious effect.

I tried it myself as well but discovered that just doing sit-ups works better to keep my stomach toned.

Predd

UAI99.55 Personal Trainer
HSC
Absolutely right. With a bit of common sense eating and a little bit of exercise it can be so easy to get results compared to these fangle-dangle peices of "you know what" that seem to do absolutely nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)