spybot / system dump (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I have 2 questions:

“Spybot Search and Destroy has detected an important registry value that has been changed.

Category: Browser Page
Change: Value Changed

Entry: Search Bar
Old Data: http://server224.smartbotpro.net/7search/?…
New Data: (blank here)”

Does anyone know what it means? I have been saying to deny change but I’m not sure if I should. …. (this also relates to my 2nd question)…

Often when I am on the net a blue screen comes up. I have written the contents of it down somewhere, but it’s something to do with a memory dump. Somewhere it says “physical memory dump complete”

Does anyone know what this is caused by? It says it may be due to new hardware, I don’t know what though so I just always restart the computer.

When I restart the comp, I get a box saying the system has recovered from a serious error, do I want an error report. Then Spybot comes up with one of the above screens, saying an important registry value has been changed and something about a memory dump in the “Old Data” section. I always click to deny the change.

1. does anyone know what the memory dump is?
2. does anyone know why important registry values would be changed and should I press deny change, in both cases, as I have been?

Thanks for any help.

Person

one of them
sounds like a bad case of WindowsME + spywares

sorry cant help there, time to upgrade OS perhaps

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol doesn't look like there's an easy option to fix this then!
thanks guys!!

so what about when i am deleting tracking cookies, no one deletes them off ad aware and then gets a pop up from spybot saying an important registry value has changed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)