squirrel cage ac induction motor.. (1 Viewer)

gypo101

HSC
PHYSICS: squirrel cage AC induction motor?

How do u make squirrel cage AC induction motor.
this is for skool experiment..
for the squirrel cage..its alimunim can with strips cut out of it....
ok so i know u hang the squirrel cage (can) in the middle..and u surround it by 4 (or is it 3) magnets, one on each side..
but how do u connect it to a power supply thanx..

adomad

HSC!!
HSC
well, the magents need to be electromagnets so you can switch the phases and make it a 'moving' magnetic field.... do u need to make one that works or just a model of one...? cause they are pretty complex suff! the only way i can see it work is using switches to enable and disable the phases check out these pics... someone might have a better design. so you kust flick the switches i.e. flick one on, then turn it off... then straight-away flick switch 2 on and keep going :D..... you can use 3 different power supplies if you hard core, instead of the switches

Last edited:

gypo101

HSC
well, the magents need to be electromagnets so you can switch the phases and make it a 'moving' magnetic field.... do u need to make one that works or just a model of one...? cause they are pretty complex suff! the only way i can see it work is using switches to enable and disable the phases check out these pics... someone might have a better design. so you kust flick the switches i.e. flick one on, then turn it off... then straight-away flick switch 2 on and keep going :D..... you can use 3 different power supplies if you hard core, instead of the switches
need to make one that works :S
thanx a lot for ur help :D:D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)