SRAS Letter (1 Viewer)

kezryn

HSC
yea thats kool i was only joking anyway. yea it makes sense to go somewhere close to home. armidale is 2 hours away for me so its kool.

$a®e

HSC
hey...i got accepted for all i applied for..

bachelor of business
bachelor arts/ bachelor business
bachelor of business/ bachelor of law

only 6 ppl got accepted at my school...and i know many more applied...

raymo69

HSC
you basically put your name down for SRAS and you get it. I think atleast 40 people applied at my school and we all got offers.

jesscookie

HSC
I bet raymo69 is from Farrer, lol, the only way farrer boys get into uni is through early entry, Armidale feels sorry for them :)

wrangler

HSC
has EVERYBODY got there offers rejections yet?!?!
cause im pretty sure i was the only person from my school to apply, and i havent heard anything....
if mine didnt get sent im gonna get relly pissy
do you just get a letter in the mail like other early applications?
grrr

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
One of my friends (who didn't apply for SRAS) came up with an interesting thought: Do people who get accepted through SRAS get places over those who didn't apply, but get the UAI required?

Just wanted to know people's thoughts on this...

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
elissa said:
One of my friends (who didn't apply for SRAS) came up with an interesting thought: Do people who get accepted through SRAS get places over those who didn't apply, but get the UAI required?

Just wanted to know people's thoughts on this...
In my mind.. Yes as they have already accepted a position for the next year and are in the course.

On that note, I got my acceptance letter today, for a B/Arts, so I'm definately in. Now just the long wait until next year, and hopefully the short wait until I find out about whether I got into Duval.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
jesscookie said:
I bet raymo69 is from Farrer, lol, the only way farrer boys get into uni is through early entry, Armidale feels sorry for them :)
farrer boys are alright.. don't give them too much crap! most of the ones at my college are doing fine at uni anyway!

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
The SRAS is used to keep some of the cutoffs higher than would be natural and still have a large intake, there are several different buckets for admission at most Universities.

Remember the UAI cutoff is just the lowest number the last applicant achieved to get in. If there was no SRAS i'm sure UNE cutoffs would dive and people who get in through SRAS but never make the inflated cutoffs would be in anyway due to the drop. With SRAS it's all nice and cosy and "positive" which i'm sure it used to be, now it's just marketing. Having said that there are people who get in through SRAS with a UAI of 40 or so and go on to finshing at UNE with honors and distinction averages.

If you didn't get in with SRAS let me brutally honest with you, your teachers don't like you. I have known a lot of slow people get in and I have also known class clowns to get in but they all got along with the teachers.

kezryn

HSC
yea thats true. everyone that applied at my school got in. and it is a teacher thing basically if one teacher doesnt like you, ur chnaces dimish. and about the places thing, of u get in on SRAS u have a definite place so the people that get a higher UAI might not get in cause the places are decresed thats what i reckon anywayz lol. but im not sure if i am right bout that.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
kezryn said:
yea thats true. everyone that applied at my school got in. and it is a teacher thing basically if one teacher doesnt like you, ur chnaces dimish. and about the places thing, of u get in on SRAS u have a definite place so the people that get a higher UAI might not get in cause the places are decresed thats what i reckon anywayz lol. but im not sure if i am right bout that.
How can people with a higher UAI not get in? UAI cutoffs are only determined AFTER they know everyone's marks. So if they say pick 100 people and the lowest person gets a 50 UAI then the cutoff is 50 and anyone below won't get in, if the lowest person is 50 and you got a 60 it means you are already in :)

You can't get a UAI higher than the cutoff and not be accepted, you either meet the UAI cutoff or you don't there's no twisting of numbers after the fact. This of course depends on which round you are talking about.

But I think I see what you are trying to say but the UAI cutoff is the UAI cutoff and SRAS is SRAS, it's like comparing international and UAI students, different rules and publicly different perceptions. You'd have to work out how much of a UAI drop would results from no SRAS entries. Then you also have their mature age intake that affects UAIs plus other programs, basically if any uni wants to make the UAI jump they can do so quite easily.

If the cut off is 80 and you had 60 you don't meet the cutoff anyway but if SRAS was not in place maybe the cutoff would have only been 55 so you would have gotten in if there was no SRAS, but there is so the UAI cutoff is still the UAI cutoff you need.

I'm bored at work :)

dragon fan

hey everyone

i got a letter saying that i was selected for three courses

B of Business
B of Business/B of Economics
B of Economics

However on the Uac website it is telling me that i havent received an offer. Does anyone have any ideas why??????

$a®e

HSC
the reason it aint saying u recieved an offer..is because it is not an offer based on ur UAI mark...alike the main and early round offers done through UAC and QTAC

always_smile

HSC
$a®e said:
the reason it aint saying u recieved an offer..is because it is not an offer based on ur UAI mark...alike the main and early round offers done through UAC and QTAC
I dont understand why you did not. i got accepted in and mine was on the UAC website. By the way i did get accepted into CSU and also received an offer for UNE however CSU was my first preference. I also turned down a $25000 schloarship to UNE because i still could not afford to go. Congrats to everyone. However, was UNE your first Preference?

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
i think the reason your offer is not shown on UAC is because maybe UNE wasnt your first preference. I just checked the UAC website - and my offer is not listed either. I have B Arts at Uni of Canberra as No.1

So I think this may be the reason. If anyone's offer is shown on UAC - was UNE your first preference?

kezryn

HSC
all i was saying before is that a person with a higher preference cannot take a place that is already taken from a person accepted through SRAS. theres no need to get fiesty bout it left right out

$a®e

HSC
une courses are listed as my first 3 preferences...on my UAC list...so i dont understand why

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
kezryn said:
all i was saying before is that a person with a higher preference cannot take a place that is already taken from a person accepted through SRAS. theres no need to get fiesty bout it left right out
Not being feisty it's just irrelevant, you can't take a spot from a mature age entrant, international, aboriginal or other direct entrant either :)

kezryn

HSC
yea but they cant take a spot from us either. it doesnt really matter. i dont understand it anyway i was just guessing lol. i dont care im in to UNE so im stoked

dragon fan

i found out what the problem was. THere was a glitch with the business course but they are going to make an offer to me in the preliminary round

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)