SRC and school captaincy help (1 Viewer)

Smilebuffalo

HSC
Hey Guys, i wasn't certain as to where i should've posted this thread, but anyway....

I found out today that i've been nominated for the SRC. However those who wish to apply to be school captain have to deliver a 2 minute speech stating why they would make the best captain. They also have to be interviewed by a group comprising of three teachers (year advisor, vice-principal and some other random teacher i think...)

Anyway i was wondering what type of stuff i should say in my speech and interview and also any methods to make myself sound convincing.

Advice much appreciated :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, first off - plan ahead. Think about what you would like to do in your reign as School Captain, emphasise you will change it - and redefine the role. And guess what? Redefine it to your strengths. So are you a good student? Say "I want to redefine the SC as a symbol of the academics". Good sports star? Say, "I want to redefine the SC to show that our school is a sporting school!"

Basically have a plan - and for your interview, summarise what you'd like to change in the school, be it from vending machines at the canteen to a clocktower. Also, answer the 5 questions in your responses:

1. Why you would make a good School Captain, qualities wise
2. How you would achieve the ideals in the school motto, school aim, etc.
3. How previous School Captains have helped the school, and how you are to redefine the role
4. How you will deal with the extra stress due to the School Captain.

The other question I forgot.

In your speech - make them laugh.
In your interview - make them go 'Wow, this guy is good'.

Good luck!

From, a person who was kicked out of his own School Captain race.

Klutsov

HSC
In the speech you could talk about how you have represented your school and how you have represented your community.

As shadowdude said, make them laugh as it will gain and keep the audiences interest.

Good Luck

(I did my speech this morning)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)