St George Girls High School (SGGHS) (1 Viewer)

jane1820

HSC
Hello,

im going to try apply for sgghs this yr; i tried last yr for yr 10 but failed (it depended on my hast i achieved the bottom middle 50% while my reports in yr 8 sem 2 was only 1 B with all A and sem 1 yr 9 were only 2 B’s - at that skl (i moved into a selective for a partially selective skl this yr for yr 10) we didnt have rankings nor a achievement and/or badge system, maybe that alongside the hast affected their desicion?)

anyways, does anyone who currently attends sgghs give me an insight into the skl? Like student support, teacher support, the environment, and also if any got into from the hast system what supporting documents did u provide to get in?

also my current school (partially selective) didnt even make it to top 300 so i need to move (tho my old skl was bottom 5 skl in the state I KID U NOT IM LITERALLY NOT EXAGGERATING and my current skl was kind of a ‘gateway’) and i’ve been declining in my reports (i havent received them yet but i can assume) i got 3 A’s and 4 B’s would that affect my entry? I mean can they consider me moving skls into a selective stream where competition in that class is a challenge and wont just see me ‘declining’?

plz sgghs is literally my dream skl i rlly rlly rlly want to get in!!!

thank you in advance

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
Hello,

im going to try apply for sgghs this yr; i tried last yr for yr 10 but failed (it depended on my hast i achieved the bottom middle 50% while my reports in yr 8 sem 2 was only 1 B with all A and sem 1 yr 9 were only 2 B’s - at that skl (i moved into a selective for a partially selective skl this yr for yr 10) we didnt have rankings nor a achievement and/or badge system, maybe that alongside the hast affected their desicion?)

anyways, does anyone who currently attends sgghs give me an insight into the skl? Like student support, teacher support, the environment, and also if any got into from the hast system what supporting documents did u provide to get in?

also my current school (partially selective) didnt even make it to top 300 so i need to move (tho my old skl was bottom 5 skl in the state I KID U NOT IM LITERALLY NOT EXAGGERATING and my current skl was kind of a ‘gateway’) and i’ve been declining in my reports (i havent received them yet but i can assume) i got 3 A’s and 4 B’s would that affect my entry? I mean can they consider me moving skls into a selective stream where competition in that class is a challenge and wont just see me ‘declining’?

plz sgghs is literally my dream skl i rlly rlly rlly want to get in!!!

thank you in advance
If your school is stingy with the absense of 1 A, I'd say it's unlikely they would take 3 . Although I think you should still take it because it is Ig your dream school maybe see if there any chance that they've reduced prereqs. But honestly, there's so many other schools. PLC is like 11kms from there and they give out hella scholarships. Note as well they have really nice facilities (and a rlly strong titration comp cocurricular might I add) and they definately won't be as stingy in terms of reports. They also have accelerated programs for math, and I believe bs and a science not 100% sure what the others r. (also ranks insanely better)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)