Standard English -> Advance English (1 Viewer)

ShortSided

HSC
Hello! Has anyone on this site or you may know someone that started with Standard English (in Preliminary) but managed to move up to Advance? If so, how'd you/they managed to? :)

inJust

HSC
Nope. You can move down, but you can't move up.

Gigacube

HSC
You actually can change to Advanced English HSC if you've performed well enough in Standard English Prelim. You should ask your English department about it as some schools may have certain requirements such as being in the top 5 of standard English or getting a mark of 90. If you want to move from Standard to Advanced then aim to be first and be highly consistent.

inJust

HSC
You actually can change to Advanced English HSC if you've performed well enough in Standard English Prelim. You should ask your English department about it as some schools may have certain requirements such as being in the top 5 of standard English or getting a mark of 90. If you want to move from Standard to Advanced then aim to be first and be highly consistent.
Are you serious? Most of the schools I know don't let this and you're stuck with Standard if you picked it. Sure, first few weeks of year 11 you may move up, but after that "easing in phase" you're done.

Claire_xox

Premium Member
HSC
At my school they allowed people to move up from standard to advanced but only during the first few weeks of prelim. One of my friends managed to move up but they did check her school cert results first. I guess it varies school to school

Coookies

HSC
I moved up after the first assessment task :p I got 24/25
The teacher only let me move up because of my mark. It really depends on your school

Gigacube

HSC
Are you serious? Most of the schools I know don't let this and you're stuck with Standard if you picked it. Sure, first few weeks of year 11 you may move up, but after that "easing in phase" you're done.
Yes, it is allowed. There have been questions similar to this one that have been posted and the usual response is yes.

ShortSided

HSC
At my school they allowed people to move up from standard to advanced but only during the first few weeks of prelim. One of my friends managed to move up but they did check her school cert results first. I guess it varies school to school
Your friend was lucky! I'm guessing she got Band 6 in her SC?

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
Unfortunately my school doesn't have standard English, so only advanced and up but I know certain people in other schools who worked consistently and consulted with their English head teacher in order to transition from standard to advanced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)