Standard english-more band 6's next year? (1 Viewer)

numbakruncha

HSC
From what i heard, more standard english students will be able to get band 6's next year-is this true for other schools??

Teddythebenny

HSC
from what i heard from my english teacher, only 1% of standard get band 6, Advanced get 6 %, since the first paper in the HSC for english, is the same for standard as well as advanced. Since next year is also "Journeys"

well thats what my english teacher told me.

N

noir.

Teddythebenny said:
from what i heard from my english teacher, only 1% of standard get band 6, Advanced get 6 %, since the first paper in the HSC for english, is the same for standard as well as advanced. Since next year is also "Journeys"

well thats what my english teacher told me.
lol 1%. more like 0.01%

cs01001

HSC
They did not promise more Band 6's, but will publish more model answers to assist students to achieve the top band.

rusty91

HSC
More band sixes... Unlikely! It will still be the same as last year. Standard students do not end up gaining a band 6 is because all students of both the advanced and standard both complete whilst compete in the first paper which is the area of study. The Advanced and extension students ends up thrasing the standard students and therefore there is an low percentage students earning band sixes!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
the number of band 6 cadidates for standard english seems to be increasing each year, so its not impossible.
Its probably one of the hardest subjects to get band 6 in...anything above 75 is considered to be very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)