standard english sucs (1 Viewer)

emca

HSC
does anyone think standard english would be heaps better if:
1. the area of study didn't see us competing against advanced english kiddies.
2. the modules consisted of 2 close study of text and one topic style analysis so we didn't have so much damn related material to collect.
3. there was an easier elective. my bro tells me he did "contemporary English" back in 1999 and it was easy, so he could focus on maths and science which were his strong points
4. English didn't have to count towards UAI
5.My teacher looked more like beyonce than Ray martin
My main gripe is with point 2. I've done the maths I have to walk into paper 2 with an understanding of 3 core texts (one of which is a poet so I gotta get my head around atleast 3 poems) and about 4 pieces of related material. that is like 9 or 10 texts. The mind boggles

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
1. Hey, kiddies is MY word, KIDDIE !

2. Well what can we do about it ?

3. Oh OK because I'm doing the HSC in 2007 and Physics says I can't travel to the past, and Maths and Science happens to be my strong points, my Enligsh skills are catching up too.

4. Point 2 as well, how could the only compulsory subject not be counted towards the UAI ?

5. Oh OK my teacher appears to be in her 50s-60s and she looks like a mid to late 20s blonde lady except with visible facial textural outlines (euphemism for you know what) as a result of ageing, obviously buts maintains her chic appearance.
Learn to know your texts very well, but don't just retell it too, analyse them.
Nine texts, if you want to succeed in English Standard you have to know nine.

The Module A elective, Telling Stories and the AOS: Physical Journeys are things I must juggle with for the half-yearlies, but I have to deal with it, end of story (pun).

emca

HSC
I don't mind English being compulsory. But If it happens to be your worst subject at the end of the year it should not count towards your UAI. If Legal studies winds up being my worst subject then it wont count but according to the current form guide English is going to be my worst but it will count to the UAI bugger!!!

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
emca said:
I don't mind English being compulsory. But If it happens to be your worst subject at the end of the year it should not count towards your UAI. If Legal studies winds up being my worst subject then it wont count but according to the current form guide English is going to be my worst but it will count to the UAI bugger!!!
Well you're going to have to instigate a massive revolution and modify the UAI system by force if you want changes, otherwise don't complain and just do English.

I have a more scientific and mathematical background (Maths Ext. 1, Physics, Chemistry...), hence I chose my Physics teacher as my mentor (sorry English teacher...
).

Also I am alliterate so I still have to compete against those who are into literature and creative arts (Drama, Visual Arts, Society & Culture...), because English counts regardless.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
In my opinion, HSC Advanced English is the WORST High School subject ever.

Enough said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)