Standard English??? (1 Viewer)

coool

HI every one. A good school has offered me a place recently but I'm hesitating about whether I should change school or not cuz I cant continue doing ESL if I change to that school. So, is Standard a good choice?(I've been in Aus for just one year). It is heard that ppl cant get good UAI if they do Standard English,is that true?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by coool
It is heard that ppl cant get good UAI if they do Standard English,is that true?
The top UAI gained by a student taking Standard last year was 99.65. The rumour is untrue.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lazarus
The top UAI gained by a student taking Standard last year was 99.65. The rumour is untrue.
yeah, but they also have to be doing hell hard other subjects and blitzing them though, dont they?

coool

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
yeah, but they also have to be doing hell hard other subjects and blitzing them though, dont they?
I'm doing Maths extention2, physics,chemistry in year12. If I can get quite good marks for these subjects, is it possible to get 96(above) if English(standard)is crap?

^___^
HSC
sure u can..esp with the help of ur ext2 maths...plus physics and chem...provided that u did very well in all of them

coool

Originally posted by ...
sure u can..esp with the help of ur ext2 maths...plus physics and chem...provided that u did very well in all of them
How good should i be at those subjects in order to get over 96 if I'll get just an average mark for english standard? Are there any example of this situation? u've heard?

^___^
HSC
umm...its all about aggregrate...i think...ask Laz...

but i mean, if u do *average* in english...well, then the prospect is not that good...

coool

Originally posted by ...
but i mean, if u do *average* in english...well, then the prospect is not that good...
What if getting about 60-70 in english standard, and others're all above 90?or high 90s?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)