Standard Packages (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Is there any way to find out if you have gotten into standards packages? I really hope I get in (just to leave my mark of course)... I heard somewhere else on this site that someone was told they were in, but I was wondering if they tell everybody who gets in?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of schools have 'em- they have sample responses from HSC candidates and the band which they received.

Gummy_bear

HSC
It would be nice to be in one, but not as a band 1, 2 or even 3 or 4.
Like for one of the standard packages for drama, costume design, they had a band one piece. It looked like it was done by someone mentally retarded, i felt so sorry for them as the whole class was laughing :(

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Haha yes they provide a good source of amusement- in one of them, someone had written "divided by something I forget"... and in another, someone said that there is inequality in using credit cards as a form of payment because "certain races which will be unnamed cannot afford them"... (or something to that effect)- our IPT class cracked up.

HSC
I <3 responses which start, and u can see the cogs working in the students head...then they're like "ok fuck that" and just scribble it out.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I definitely like the fact that they scan it exactly as it appeared in the booklet rather than typing it up.. sure it makes it damn hard to read, but it adds to the appeal.

Captain pi

HSC
Unfortunately, Standards Packages have not been produced since 2002 (OBOS ran out of money :)).

I believe there are some publications setting out "students responses" or something similar; although, I haven't been able to get my hands on any.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
Captain pi said:
Unfortunately, Standards Packages have not been produced since 2002 (OBOS ran out of money :)).

I believe there are some publications setting out "students responses" or something similar; although, I haven't been able to get my hands on any.

what?...

yea they have, just not for all subjects
they only produce it if band discriptors change or that there was a shift of some sort..

all the standard packages are now available FREE on the board of studies website.

http://arc.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/hsc/std-packs/

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Awww bummer. I remember there was a book published with good economics essays... But they weren't anything to laugh about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)