Standards package. (1 Viewer)

jane

Hey, i recently got my hands on an ext english standards package cd and was rather dissapointed to find that it only had last years HSC answers on crime fiction and genre. I don't know if maybe it is just my cd that is stuffed up or if thats all it comes with. Yeah so, the point of this post was to ask if anyone out there knew where i could get my hands on sample answers of last years retreat from the global questions? i've been having troubles opening some PDF files so any specific links would be great.
thanks.

Jellymonsta

the standards packs are far from complete. if it isnt on that CD, there is no sample for you to look at. it is supposed to give you an idea of the quality of work involved in getting to each band.
there are a couple of essays/creative tasks at boredofstudies if thats any consolation.

Zenithliza

There are definately retreat from the global responses because I have seen them. Hmm..I hate the BOS site, very messy but I think thats the only place you will get them.

CoYLiE

Originally posted by Zenithliza
There are definately retreat from the global responses because I have seen them. Hmm..I hate the BOS site, very messy but I think thats the only place you will get them.
really?? where abouts were the retreat from the global ones... i've been looking everywhere, but to no avail the board of studies really must hate me!! :mad: :chainsaw:

Zenithliza

Hmm.. unfortunately I can't help you. My teacher photocopied them for us, so I didn't get them off the BOS website. I know what you mean about that website though, a navigational nightmare!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I'm fairly certain there aren't official Board RFTG essays.

Are you sure they were from the standards package and not from somewhere else (e.g. last year's class at your school)?

Fradam

Tall man
HSC
Jane - our ext 1 English standards package came with Individual and Society (thats what we're doing) in it... I remember it clearly, because our class dissected it to pieces for why it should have been Band E2 instead of Band E3/E4.. lol.

jane

hmmmmm, i wonder why my standards package doesn't have individual and the society? i got it off my ext 1 teacher too. oh well. i'm stuffed for ext english anyway. took me all year to realise that i have no i dea what the topic is about. :p

gonzalina

i know the BOS recently released a second standards package for extension english (i dont know when that was, but the second one has PoMo on it, i havent actually looked at it though, cause it wasn't on the network on the school computers).

~bec~

Originally posted by Fradam
Jane - our ext 1 English standards package came with Individual and Society (thats what we're doing) in it... I remember it clearly, because our class dissected it to pieces for why it should have been Band E2 instead of Band E3/E4.. lol.
I KNOW!
we thought it was appauling
maybe we wont do so badly after all...
assuming they dont give us a question about legs!

Fradam

Tall man
HSC
Originally posted by ~bec~

I KNOW!
we thought it was appauling
maybe we wont do so badly after all...
assuming they dont give us a question about legs!
Hrmm.. or arms.

"Ideas have arms.. AND LEGS... and composers crawl with them! Discuss."

Hahaha. Eddie wanted to do his essay, on the standards package :)

Zenithliza

Nope I'm pretty sure the RTFG essays were from the standards package. I have two, that I just realised are both band 3/4. It says it up the top... hmmmm ...

CoYLiE

Another thing I must congratulate the office of the BoArd of Studies on... just another thing to screw those who do retreat from the global!! besides the rubric which is totally inadequate, the difficulty of such broad thinking compared to other modules seems unfair (especially if you had no choice in the module chosen).
:mad:
I guess i'm just complaining cos i hated ext1 but loved ext2
So u never know.... we might get them before monday (next year)

rachael230

i havent found any revenge tragedy things either. and i was wondering where people got the exemplar band 6 (4 in ext) responses from (there are acouple in the english adv notes section), coz i dont want to look at things that aren't the best, coz it'll confuse me as to what is good and what isnt :(

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hey rachael230, if you want to have a look at the 2001 English Ext 1 standards package, there is a link right here.
:)
It should however be noted when reading the standards package that an essay in the 'high' range or E3/E4 does not denote that this is the best possible essay, only that it recieved a mark in this range.

rachael230

even though its crime fiction, its awesome to know what's expected of us in terms of genre theory

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)