• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

standards packages thingys (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by crono
Who said the 2003 standard package arnt going to be released??
i heard it on this site. and i heard it was because the standards have been set so they don't need to show them anymore.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
the standard is set
just look at the amount of people getting the primer's award

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Damn I always though the standard packages were raw marks not scaled HSC marks, I thought Band 5/6 was 18/20 as a raw mark to be scaled will above 95 for examination marks, stupid scaling!

J0n

N/A
HSC
Is there actually any math standard packages?? Cause i can't find any on my school intranet. :confused:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
ROFL!!!!!!!!!! that is so funniz...:D:p
yeah i posted that on the english advanced forum a while ago

it was in the 2001 packages, the guy is like really funny writing that, i bet the markers got a good kick out of it :D

Slimeboy

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
yeah i posted that on the english advanced forum a while ago

it was in the 2001 packages, the guy is like really funny writing that, i bet the markers got a good kick out of it :D
Do you have a link?

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
oh my lord... i thought i was bad but thats ummm..
even if you dont pay attention in class, you can at least talk about seeing something on frontline right..
'about a guy had kidnapped and took her to his place' (his children being kept in the house and they werent harmed?)
'200 meters..' 5km exclusion zone?
mike munro.. lmao
i feel sorry for markers though.. having to mark the messiest of writing..

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i was reading through more standards packages.. i dont get how some people write a page for a 20 mark question? like.. even if u werent paying attention the whole year u could at least be able to make things up..
and ud be sitting there doing nothing?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
The "short answered" 20 markers are fun to read as a marker........ had one last year that was essentially a "the HSC was a waste of time as Im going to work for my dad and get heaps of money and I'll (the writer) think of you as I'm driving my $400,000 car..."
Made me giggle for about a couple of minutes........ (you'd appreciate this if you knew how quiet we have to be in the marking centre......)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
The "short answered" 20 markers are fun to read as a marker........ had one last year that was essentially a "the HSC was a waste of time as Im going to work for my dad and get heaps of money and I'll (the writer) think of you as I'm driving my $400,000 car..."
Made me giggle for about a couple of minutes........ (you'd appreciate this if you knew how quiet we have to be in the marking centre......)

lmao
my cafs teacher was saying there was a question about the father traditionally being the breadwinner for the family or something.. obviously relating to the male working and female staying at home
people went on about the fathers being bakers and bringing home bread :|

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Yeah, pity the guy's (assume it was a male) school was contacted by the board and his whole HSC was given as a non-serious attempt......
Had another one about the throne of Allah shaking when he "thinks" about homosexuality (marked SOR ethics...this was from an Islamic sexual ethics response)--this was wrong on soooo many fronts....

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Yeah, pity the guy's (assume it was a male) school was contacted by the board and his whole HSC was given as a non-serious attempt......
Had another one about the throne of Allah shaking when he "thinks" about homosexuality (marked SOR ethics...this was from an Islamic sexual ethics response)--this was wrong on soooo many fronts....

How do you know so much about (lets assume its a male)him?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
'

but he only played up on one subject though...actually, yeah, the guy or girl sounds like an idiot anyway so i guess they deserve what they got...

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
The senior marker came in the next day after speaking to the head of marking (for all subjects) to "fill me in" on my little find..... the board takes non-serious attempts (ie ppl writing B.S) *very seriously* and apparently that NS attempt at HSC exam level really messed things up down the line..... (but Im guessing SOR wasnt the only paper "he" stuffed up or "he" did the same thing at school (computer records are an amazing thing) as this does sound really harsh...)
Dunno. thats what I was told and I cant see the Head of SOR marking telling porkies (goes against the philosphy and aim of the subject!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)