standards packages (1 Viewer)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
I've had a look at the responses to Blade Runner/Brave New World and King Lear from 2001, the Band 5/6 ones and I didn't think they were all that brilliant. When they say Band 5/6 does it mean it can be a low Band 5? Or are most of them Band 6? Same question for 4/5, etc

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The responses in the standards package are "borderline" responses...of course they're not gonna be great. The Band 5/6 examples are those that either just scraped into a Band 6 or just missed out on a Band 6.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Yea...they're not that gr8, but they made it into good bands i guess.......so isit good for us if we can do better? hehe...i hope so, can i ask whre u find those sample papers showing band 5/6 answers?...........my teacher says u can't find em.....

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by lillaila
can i ask whre u find those sample papers showing band 5/6 answers?...........my teacher says u can't find em.....
Your teacher is wrong. :) The BOS sent each school a collection of CDs containing the entire standards package for 2001 ages ago. They'll be sending out the package for 2002 soon enough.

As a sidenote, the 2002 package will also include the top responses, in addition to those at the band cut-offs.

Some of the 2001 responses are on the site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)