• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Starting late? (b.computing) (1 Viewer)

Darkenedjib

HSC
Sorry to start another topic but this is pretty important. I was about to leave for my first tutorial (prog principles at 4-6pm I think) when a friend (who had an earlier lesson) told me it was cancelled, due to the absence of a teacher. He also said this was for a whole week.
Could someone clarify this? I've checked mySR and platform web but don't see any mention of this. Again this is for b.computing.

DECP

HSC
N/A
yup. check your email or in webct. cancelled for the first week

Darkenedjib

HSC
Thanks for the quick reply, the email I got was kinda difficult to find (even with assistence <.<). If anyone else is having same trouble here's the email below:

Dear students

unfortunately I am suffering from an injured leg and am unable to walk properly. I have
therefore decided to begin our classes in week 2. Therefore there will be no tutorials or
lectures for this subject next week.

Please log onto WebCT (via the university homepage – click on 'e-learning' and follow
your nose). Download the unit outline from the homepage (this will be explained in more
detail in your first class). As well, click on 'lecture and tutorial material' and then 'unit
material', go to week 1 and listen to the lecture which I have posted as an mp3 file. You
can also download my lecture slides and follow along.

Please purchase a copy of the unit reader from the Co-Op bookshop and have a look at
the case studies under "Week 1".

Hopefully I will see you in week 2.

regards Myra Gurney
Unit Coordinator
Principles of Professional Communication 1
So I guess it is only for this unit? That means I still need to attend the tutorials and lectures for other units tomorrow? Or is this for all of b.computing? Thanks again.

Last edited:

DECP

HSC
N/A
attend lectures and tutorials for your other units.

btw she also sent another email into your inbox which is typed up differently to the one she posted in webct.
if that made sense. so check your email acc incase of any other notices. im doing same course as you. so yeah there isnt any other ones.

DECP

HSC
N/A
lol the title already states its about bcomputing. just dont click in next time and you wont have to get annoyed. duh

Darkenedjib

HSC
lol sorry about the threads, I guess this course is causing the most confusion atm...

Alright I'm
even more lost now. Apparantly on the platform web it states that:
"Due to illness of the unit coordinator Myra Gurney, all lectures and tutorials for POPC 1
are cancelled in week 1."

So That hints POPC is the only unit to be cancelled for this week. However the tutorial I was supposed to have today was for Programming Principles 1, and my friend attended and was told to leave, and there were hardly any other students there. Weird cause none of the POPC classes (lectures/tuts) are on a Tuesday. So is it just one unit, or has the whole course been postponed for a week? I'm hoping whole course, lol, cause otherwise I've missed a tutorial... -___-

DECP

HSC
N/A
the whole unit of POPC is cancelled for this week. so thats no lectures tutorials for this week only. u still attend your other lectures such as PP1, MATHS, introduction to analsis and design.....

Darkenedjib

HSC
DECP said:
the whole unit of POPC is cancelled for this week. so thats no lectures tutorials for this week only. u still attend your other lectures such as PP1, MATHS, introduction to analsis and design.....
Including other tutorials, right? Crap, guess that means I've missedtut for program principles today... -__-

Khmerunited

HSC
darken!!! no u havent missed..cause Program principles is cancelled for the first week therfore u only require to go to the lecture...

here proof..

Under NEW FLASH!!
Code:
There are no tutorial/practical classes during the first week of the semester.
also for M.for Business as u know also no class for tut as well during the first week!

btw u should check WebCT for the info on this stuffs..the units that u have already enrolled will appear there.. well most of it have webCT now..since u doing B.Computing u should have 4 units there which all have webCT link to it..

IF u havent been to WebCT. here the LINK:

http://elearning.uws.edu.au/webct/public/home.pl

hope this cool thing out for ya!

Gerr

HSC
UNI NOOBS FTL!!!

thanks people it clears heaps~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)