Starting to do Module A. Any tips? (1 Viewer)

Dane Red

HSC
While my term holidays i wanna get a head start on Module A (The text being John Keats and Brightstar) so i'm wondering what would be the best place to invest my time in.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
While my term holidays i wanna get a head start on Module A (The text being John Keats and Brightstar) so i'm wondering what would be the best place to invest my time in.
omg that's my text. keats and bright star was probably my favourite topic/module to do in english out of my entire schooling career so far, and it was really fun because the poems are really really really good. i'd suggest going through the rubric first and understanding the vocab and important ideas and phrases (you'll end up seeing and using words like resonances and dissonances a lot, as well as align/collide/textual conversation etc). then probably do some quick research into context, cos that's really important in module a. for keats the most important part about his life was probably the fact that he was poor most of his life and was trashed by critics for his poetry, he watched his brother die from tuberculosis, he met his future wife and they secretly got engaged and married, and then he died from tuberculosis himself at 25 (it's covered in the film)

with analysis start by reading the poems first, and gauging an understanding of what's going on in the text. there's like 7 and honestly eve of st agnes is actually useless but litcharts and poemanalysis were great in helping me understand what was going on in all of them. i'd suggest start making your analysis for the poems now (i did mine throughout the school term every time we did a new poem in class) - putting them into a table and arranging key quotes with techniques into certain 'base' ideas (mortality/immortality is a common one that you see in almost all his poems). then watch the film, and take note of what poem is relevant to what part of the film (5 out of the 7 poems are going to be recited directly in the film by keats or fanny or both, 2 of them aren't recited explicitly but their themes and messages are there) and think about why campion is referencing keats poems and depicting his life in a certain way. then you can add certain scenes from the film into your table linking the quotes and ideas of the poems to scenes and themes of the film

if you want, i can send some resources for keats and campion

Dane Red

HSC
omg that's my text. keats and bright star was probably my favourite topic/module to do in english out of my entire schooling career so far, and it was really fun because the poems are really really really good. i'd suggest going through the rubric first and understanding the vocab and important ideas and phrases (you'll end up seeing and using words like resonances and dissonances a lot, as well as align/collide/textual conversation etc). then probably do some quick research into context, cos that's really important in module a. for keats the most important part about his life was probably the fact that he was poor most of his life and was trashed by critics for his poetry, he watched his brother die from tuberculosis, he met his future wife and they secretly got engaged and married, and then he died from tuberculosis himself at 25 (it's covered in the film)

with analysis start by reading the poems first, and gauging an understanding of what's going on in the text. there's like 7 and honestly eve of st agnes is actually useless but litcharts and poemanalysis were great in helping me understand what was going on in all of them. i'd suggest start making your analysis for the poems now (i did mine throughout the school term every time we did a new poem in class) - putting them into a table and arranging key quotes with techniques into certain 'base' ideas (mortality/immortality is a common one that you see in almost all his poems). then watch the film, and take note of what poem is relevant to what part of the film (5 out of the 7 poems are going to be recited directly in the film by keats or fanny or both, 2 of them aren't recited explicitly but their themes and messages are there) and think about why campion is referencing keats poems and depicting his life in a certain way. then you can add certain scenes from the film into your table linking the quotes and ideas of the poems to scenes and themes of the film

if you want, i can send some resources for keats and campion
Yes, please send them. Also where can i watch the film BrightStar? Also i have started looking into context too with a little stuff on literary context but primarily on personal context.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Yes, please send them. Also where can i watch the film BrightStar? Also i have started looking into context too with a little stuff on literary context but primarily on personal context.
sure, dm me your email, and i'll send a link to the film

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)