Starting with a quote (1 Viewer)

Kerren

HSC
Just wondering, if you start your MW with a quote from another text, is it included in the word count?

HSC
N/A
Yup. Wordcount takes every word into account, as far as I know... that being said I haven't looked at the syllabus rubric in a while... *hides*

dave28

HSC
in case you check this thread before tuesday kerren, if you go to ^^javascriptkit.com/script/script2/countwords.shtml^^ & copy and paste your story into the box thinio it will count your words for you.... (for those who dont know kerren doent have word count on her computer - not good for eng ext 2)

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
time to go download open office.

Never going back to MS word.

NEVER!

J

jhakka

Kerren said:
Just wondering, if you start your MW with a quote from another text, is it included in the word count?
Everything (apart from titles, headers, page numbers, etc) is a word, and would logically be included in the word count.

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
footnotes don't count in the word limit either. ^^
a girl from my school 2 years back got 50/50 for her major work, and her reflection statement was 1500 words exactly, with about an additional 1000 words of footnotes added on.
hey it worked for her.
footnotes all the way.

J

jhakka

If your footnotes are reference style they shouldn't be counted. If they're explanatory they should.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
i suggest you don't CLOSE with a quote unless absolutely necessary. Do you want someone else taking away your last words? =P

hApPy1

HSC
jhakka said:
If your footnotes are reference style they shouldn't be counted. If they're explanatory they should.

really? i thought it would've been the other way round...coz isnt that kinda cheatin ur way out by puttin explanitory notes in footnotes and addin to the rs really?

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
tez0r said:
i suggest you don't CLOSE with a quote unless absolutely necessary. Do you want someone else taking away your last words? =P
unless it closed your story perfectly. my friend closed with a quote and it worked brilliantly, she used quotes through it and her sotry rocks... i hate her

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
What if you put a quote on your title page? Surely that's not counted right?

And ALSO! IF i were to include a printed copy of a newspaper article at the end of my story, they won't take that into account in terms of word limit etc right? Because ...it's not like i'm forcing them to read it =/

....hmmm....

REPLY ! :(

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kami said:
I think it does count...:(

Really? But ...how? =/
My teacher was the one who suggested it and wanted me to do it and she's a senior marker. But it sounded so wierd i wanted some other experienced BOSer opinions.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
They might just be experiencing chronological dislexia...but anyway. It would likely count because every word that contributes to your major is included, yes? So if this contributed to the overall effect then it is only fair that it be counted.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
kami said:
They might just be experiencing chronological dislexia...but anyway. It would likely count because every word that contributes to your major is included, yes? So if this contributed to the overall effect then it is only fair that it be counted.
...okay...well the article doesn't look that long and i have like...a 300 word leeway so i should be alright either way.

HAHAHA PROUD?!

Just a month ago i was 5000 words over the 8000 word limit and now i'm 300 words below it!!

MUAHAHAHHAHA :p

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
A week ago I had 250 words. Now I have 5868 of finished script ^_V_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)