STAT and umat (1 Viewer)

nealos

HSC
im a bit confused
can some1 specify what uni courses in NSW look at Umat and what courses look at STAT or give me a link

for instance physio=>>> > is it umat>?

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
nealos said:
im a bit confused
can some1 specify what uni courses in NSW look at Umat and what courses look at STAT or give me a link

for instance physio=>>> > is it umat>?
nahhhhh, all u need is UAI,
UMAT=for medicine and other health degrees,(oral or dentistry )
STAT= for someone who has not done year 12 or an international student which means u got to pay full fees and foreign student who desperately want to go to uni or people who have poor UAI and cudn't get into the course they wanted to get in.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
trustmenever said:
STAT= for someone who has not done year 12 or an international student which means u got to pay full fees and foreign student who desperately want to go to uni or people who have poor UAI and cudn't get into the course they wanted to get in.
Not exactly. The STAT is used for mature age entry at most universities, the RET at UWS, Pharmacy at USYD and Veterinary Science at USYD (if you're transferring) as well as international applicants.

Last edited:

stargaze

HSC
okay ppl seem to have covered everything but in regard to physiotherapy - physio within NSW (USYD, Newcastle) is just based on UAI; i.e. no UMAT required. However physio in melbourne & monash require and take into account your umat score.

trustmenever

Banned
HSC
kami said:
Not exactly. The STAT is used for mature age entry at most universities, the RET at UWS, Pharmacy at USYD and Veterinary Science at USYD (if you're transferring) as well as international applicants.

Didn't know about that but as far as i know anyone can sit for STAT for university enterance, last year my teacher also asked me if i wanted to do STAT instead of finishing year 12 ( i moved to different state by the way )but since i wanted to get into medicine , i had to do the prerequisite subjects.
my cousin in Singapore sat for STAT ( international) , he didn't do year 12 in australia and got top score and scholarship in ANU as well as Universities around many countries .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)