STAT (Discussion & Results) (2 Viewers)

VuongstER_boi

HSC
Re: Stat

lol. I had my forms for like two weeks but I never handed it in because I kept procrastinating it, lol. Oh wells, wait until november then ..but still, I dont even know if Pharmacy is what I wanna do so yeah.

tambourine

HSC

is there any way of getting into pharmacy without sitting STAT? also there are two versions...which do you need for pharmacy?

danz90

HSC

tambourine said:
is there any way of getting into pharmacy without sitting STAT? also there are two versions...which do you need for pharmacy?
STAT is compulsory for admission into Pharmacy. You need to do the Multiple Choice version of STAT.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

I'm not sure if STAT is compulsory for all Pharmacy courses tho. I just know Uni of Syd requires it so I go for it.

You can register online!

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. That online thingo doesn't work???

Last edited:

tambourine

HSC

danz90 said:
STAT is compulsory for admission into Pharmacy. You need to do the Multiple Choice version of STAT.
Thanks. What's the other version for?

danz90

HSC

tambourine said:
Thanks. What's the other version for?
The other version is an English-Writing based test... I'm not sure for which courses that version is for.

Has anyone actually started preparing?

tambourine

HSC

When do applications/registration for STAT in November open? And how do you register? Is it online?

danz90

HSC

tambourine said:
When do applications/registration for STAT in November open? And how do you register? Is it online?
I'd say in late September, early October. I registered through a mail-in form. I called up UAC, and requested a registration form for mid-year STAT and they mailed it out to me. I filled out the form, took the form to the post office to pay through AusPost and then posted out.

I don't believe you can register online, UAC told me the only way to register is by mailing in a registration form, since they have unique barcodes etc on the forms.

---

BTW, got a reply back from USyd today.. minimum STAT score achievement for admission into pharmacy is 150/200. And UAI Cut-off for CSP in BPharm was 93.15 in 2008.

tambourine

HSC

danz90 said:
I'd say in late September, early October. I registered through a mail-in form. I called up UAC, and requested a registration form for mid-year STAT and they mailed it out to me. I filled out the form, took the form to the post office to pay through AusPost and then posted out.

I don't believe you can register online, UAC told me the only way to register is by mailing in a registration form, since they have unique barcodes etc on the forms.

---

BTW, got a reply back from USyd today.. minimum STAT score achievement for admission into pharmacy is 150/200. And UAI Cut-off for CSP in BPharm was 93.15 in 2008.
Thankyou. This information is very helpful. 93.15 is good :)

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

Undermyskin said:
I'm not sure if STAT is compulsory for all Pharmacy courses tho. I just know Uni of Syd requires it so I go for it.
Stat is only cumpulsory for Vet science and pharmacy at Sydney Uni. Nowhere else.

danz90 said:
The other version is an English-Writing based test... I'm not sure for which courses that version is for.
STAT is actually a test that all mature age students have to sit before they enter any uni. When you are a mature age student you must sit both components of the test.

But some universities require you to sit STAT for specific courses (i.e. Sydney) despite not being mature age.

There are also unis that do not require STAT for anything (macquirie/NSW).

http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/instacceptstat.pdf

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

Oh okay, sorry about the misinformation. :)

misbahf

You eat bugs.
HSC

Charity F said:
Ok, so what general umbrella of courses 'require' a STAT score for entry?

(apart from Pharmacy)
Pharmacy and VET science for Sydney Uni.

coeyz

HSC

im doing STAT @Syd Boys high on 31/5 too..:cool:
but im just year11, do it earlier for the same reason,
if i dun do well i still hv more chance to do it again,
how come the required UAI is much lower than past years?
In my bro's year,,it was 96.sth ..

besides the sample booklet we got with the confirmation sheet,
is anyone got any other past sample papers?
so that we can practise more;)

is it hard to get 150/200? :(
since my eng is not good n im doing esl..
when i did the sample paper, i always get 2 questions wrong per section =(
aiii i never do well in this kind of exam.. becoz it cannot reli prepared..
im so worry but can do nth just simply practise the past papers..
:read:

danz90

HSC

coeyz said:
im doing STAT @Syd Boys high on 31/5 too..:cool:
but im just year11, do it earlier for the same reason,
if i dun do well i still hv more chance to do it again,
how come the required UAI is much lower than past years?
In my bro's year,,it was 96.sth ..

besides the sample booklet we got with the confirmation sheet,
is anyone got any other past sample papers?
so that we can practise more;)

is it hard to get 150/200? :(
since my eng is not good n im doing esl..
when i did the sample paper, i always get 2 questions wrong per section =(
aiii i never do well in this kind of exam.. becoz it cannot reli prepared..
im so worry but can do nth just simply practise the past papers..
:read:
Since you're doing the multiple choice STAT, you should be fine, English ability shouldn't disadvantage you to such a great deal.
Are you allowed to do it in year 11??? When I asked my Bio teacher whether I should do it last year, she said you have to be in Year 12 at least, to sit the test. Meh...

I wanna get at least 150/200 too, since thats the minimum required STAT score for BPharm @ USyd. I've heard of people who got like 180/200 and didn't even prepare for STAT.

See u @ Syd Boys High next Sat... LOL

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

Agree.

Do you think the benchmark is gonna be higher this year? I'm so worried they will ask for 180/200 or st. My UMAT is so close to the trials that I'm totally depressed right now. I choose someday after HSC to sit for STAT so I have only one chance. Whatever.

Would you mind sharing some experiences after your tests? Appreciated!

danz90

HSC

Undermyskin said:
Agree.

Do you think the benchmark is gonna be higher this year? I'm so worried they will ask for 180/200 or st. My UMAT is so close to the trials that I'm totally depressed right now. I choose someday after HSC to sit for STAT so I have only one chance. Whatever.
!
I think that the STAT benchmark won't change much... will probably stay around 150, or if they get really high demand for BPharm, might push it up to 160. My Bio teacher was telling me that I shouldn't worry about it... her daughter prepared just the day before for STAT and she got 155/200.. and apparently her daughter's not that much of a genius, so...

Undermyskin said:
Would you mind sharing some experiences after your tests? Appreciated!
Will do :)

coeyz

HSC

danz90 said:
I think that the STAT benchmark won't change much... will probably stay around 150, or if they get really high demand for BPharm, might push it up to 160. My Bio teacher was telling me that I shouldn't worry about it... her daughter prepared just the day before for STAT and she got 155/200.. and apparently her daughter's not that much of a genius, so...

Will do :)

i think just prepare it the day before STAT is reasonable?
coz u reli hv nth to prepare except doing the sample paper they gave u..?
anyone got more past sample papers;) ?

coeyz

HSC

danz90 said:
Since you're doing the multiple choice STAT, you should be fine, English ability shouldn't disadvantage you to such a great deal.
Are you allowed to do it in year 11??? When I asked my Bio teacher whether I should do it last year, she said you have to be in Year 12 at least, to sit the test. Meh...

I wanna get at least 150/200 too, since thats the minimum required STAT score for BPharm @ USyd. I've heard of people who got like 180/200 and didn't even prepare for STAT.

See u @ Syd Boys High next Sat... LOL

but they wont know that im year 11 isnt it? ;)

danz90

HSC

coeyz said:
but they wont know that im year 11 isnt it? ;)
Actually, I just read in the booklet for candidates that there is no age restrictions in doing STAT... wish I knew that earlier, would've gotten it outta the way in Year 11.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC

I'm totally depressed now. I have trials this weekend. Then real trials in 10 week time. Then UMAT around the same period. Then assessment tasks. Then application form for Med. Then... OMG! Don't you guys think of relaxing a bit before the STAT (i.e. Nov or Dec?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)