STAT prep? (1 Viewer)

jaaaaay

HSC
how do you prepare for the special tertiary admissions test (stat)???
>__<"

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
You can't really prepare (as in study) for it. It's a skills based exam. Once you register for it, you'll get like a package with some practice questions within it, so I guess that's one way you can "prepare" yourself for it.

P

pLuvia

Pretty much just do the practice paper they give you, and I think you can buy more? Not sure

P

pLuvia

That's if you do the English Prep section, the other one is just multiple choice which is all you need for Pharmacy, for USYD anyway

tennille

HSC
If you do the RET (regional entry test), you will do the multiple choice as well as the essay sections of the STAT.

jaaaaay

HSC
my friend said stat is basically an easier version of umat... if i do those umat coaching things, would it help with stat??

Grangern

HSC
jaaaaay said:
my friend said stat is basically an easier version of umat... if i do those umat coaching things, would it help with stat??
You could try the STAT Preparation workshops, my friend did it and scored way over 150 (which is needed to get into Pharmacy). I know there is only one in Sydney but they provide many workshops throughout the year, you can check the UAC guide for more info:)

Grangern

HSC
LottoX said:
She could've just been naturally talented though
Yeah maybe, but she did say that the course was good though, they got heaps of practice qs, tests and notes!

jaaaaay

HSC
Grangern said:
You could try the STAT Preparation workshops, my friend did it and scored way over 150 (which is needed to get into Pharmacy). I know there is only one in Sydney but they provide many workshops throughout the year, you can check the UAC guide for more info:)
really? thanks i'll go check it out =]

----after reading other post----
haha yea, she was probably naturally talented =.=
*loses enthusiasm*

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
lolz :)

when are u thinking of sitting it jaaaaay?

i really need to manage my time before i think about these additional requirements!

jaaaaay

HSC
2opinion8d said:
lolz :)

when are u thinking of sitting it jaaaaay?

i really need to manage my time before i think about these additional requirements!
no idea... ><" i'm just trying for everything incase i wanna do stuff... but i'm so busy... T___T

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yes, I went to a STAT workshop by the WEA Sydney institution. There should be an ad in this year's UAC guide (there was in mine, the 2005 one for 2006 uni entry) telling you more. I found it alleviated my panic, but in the way of actual solid preparation--not really. The STAT was designed for mature age students who have not had academic stimulation in some time and would like to enter uni, so they just go through some strategies on how to attack the MC, and give a lot of practice questions, but yeah, it's mainly your skill so it's up to you. If you are capable of getting into pharmacy (which I'm assuming you are doing), STAT will be alright, I promise.

As for timing--if you sit RET, you will receive a letter if you are eligible. But if you're looking for STAT, watch out for that. I would advise you do it after your HSC--there's something like 5 sessions between the end of your HSC (assuming you finish 3 weeks in) and the deadline for the STAT test attempt to be considered as part of your application, so there's really no rush. Remember though, to link the test attempt to your application--that's really important. And um, yeah, in comparison to UMAT, it's easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)