STAT Results (1 Viewer)

IntoTheFire

HSC
The impression I got was that once you got the pass mark the STAT doesn't count for anything, like it just weeds out a few people... is that right? or am i totally off track?
And also I didnt think it really changed like 150 was generally the cut off...

well anyway that was what I kinda understood from the talk we went to... anyone know any better??

yummy-cookies

HSC
Tbh I find this all highly unamusing and a lot of BS on the marking scheme. Now I know that Verbal counts way more than Quantitative. Shouldn't they be fucking equal?

Seriously.
I got:
Verbal: 153 (yeah shit I know)
Quantitative: 189 (bettering 99.3% of the state)

and my overall was a load of bs 163.
Seriously. Fuck that shit.
I know I was over the moon when I first saw it after school. But now looking at your scores this is bs.

fk you albertlol
I think its because people did worse in comparison in the verbal component. For example, I got 180 in the verbal which was 99.4% rank - indicating, the marks were lower overall in the verbal. I think they must scale both of the marks before they combine it to give you your final score

Tastegud

HSC
I think its because people did worse in comparison in the verbal component. For example, I got 180 in the verbal which was 99.4% rank - indicating, the marks were lower overall in the verbal. I think they must scale both of the marks before they combine it to give you your final score
Yeah makes sense.
Nice one for getting 180 in Verbal. I have no idea how you would do that. I was just like WTF at Unit 2 lol. Skipped all the Verbal til the end so I wouldn't run out of time on Quantitative.
I pretty much came to the conclusion that verbal was worth a much greater deal more than the Quantitative. I'm over it now anyway.

yummy-cookies

HSC
grats on 180 cookies
thanks!

so, does anyone know whether STAT actually counts for entrance into pharmacy like the UMAT does, or if its just a qualifying exam - get over 150 and you'll be considered?

5233andy

HSC
I'm under the consideration that the test was simply a qualifying exam. Unfortunately for some, STAT is not like UMAT, where the higher the result, the better you are, in terms of entrance into a particular course.

q3thefish

HSC
I'm under the consideration that the test was simply a qualifying exam. Unfortunately for some, STAT is not like UMAT, where the higher the result, the better you are, in terms of entrance into a particular course.
hehe hopefully thats the case x] my 156 doesnt shine as brightly as the 160s and 170s xD

IntoTheFire

HSC
Is anynw doing the STAT for Vet Science at Sydney?? Or did you guys do it for Pharmacy? Just curious to know...

yummy-cookies

HSC
same, pharmacy for me

hey, if the marks are scaled from 100 to 200, do you think anyone got 200?

GT03

HSC
From the Usyd website, it says 150 is the cutoff mark for them to *consider* you for pharmacy. So if u get 150, you're in as long as your UAI/ATAR meets the cut off.
Say a lot of people apply with 150+ STAT this year, then ATAR cut off will go up and determine whetehr u get an offer. Thats how i fink it works lol.

mrboh

HSC
N/A
Is anynw doing the STAT for Vet Science at Sydney?? Or did you guys do it for Pharmacy? Just curious to know...
I was doing it for vet science but I'm thinking I will probably not apply any more

Tastegud

HSC
same, pharmacy for me

hey, if the marks are scaled from 100 to 200, do you think anyone got 200?
Obviously. Why would they put it there then?
If the highest was 199, then it would be a scaled mark from 100-199.

ashllis91

Banned
HSC
Yeah I'm doing it for Vet Science aswell. I hope that the better STAT you get the better chance of getting in you have because I got 175 overall which I was stoked with... not so much after reading this thread but its still a percentile of 98.1...

By the way... does anyone know if you can really get into Vet Science with five ATAR points lower if you're a rural kid? This seems too good to be true, what's the catch? I'm located in a very rural location and I qualify as far as rurality goes so does that mean, I can get in with like 93.3 (five under the 2009 cut off)?

puppyie

HSC
hey guys i got a STAT overall of 151 and i'm really worried considering it changes from year to year ... is there any hope? i got so excited that i got over 150 and thought i had definately passed but now that i've been reading around its amendable to change ... im really scared :( someone know anything?

i called sydney uni and from what i gathered she said something about not finding out until next year :S but i dont think thats the case because if people fail how are they going to find out what to do later on you know ... i'm completely lost i went from being estatic to completely stressed :(

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
hey guys i got a STAT overall of 151 and i'm really worried considering it changes from year to year ... is there any hope? i got so excited that i got over 150 and thought i had definately passed but now that i've been reading around its amendable to change ... im really scared :( someone know anything?

i called sydney uni and from what i gathered she said something about not finding out until next year :S but i dont think thats the case because if people fail how are they going to find out what to do later on you know ... i'm completely lost i went from being estatic to completely stressed :(
If you think you could get higher then you should probably consider sitting the test again. UAC will take your higher STAT score so you neednt worry about doing worse the second time around

kevda1st

HSC

so ur chances of getting in are the same as long as you are above the pass mark?

Alot of koreans doing pharmacy this year=]] when my cousin did it there was only 3

Divinity_

HSC
Verbal: 151
Quantitative: 163
Overall: 157

EDIT: I did stat incase i dont get into med >_<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)