STAT Results (1 Viewer)

Dumbledore

HSC
i've never really looked at going into med or pharmacy, just curious, what sort of tests do they do in STAT and UMAT?

yheywood87

HSC
hey i have to sit the stat exam for gettin into vet science.. and i need to sit the stat multiple choice part... so can anyone give me feedback and what i need to know cause i looked at the questions online (practice ones) and they look really hard haha.. how dd you all study and any tips thanks.

ashllis91

Banned
HSC
It's pretty hard to study for, make that impossible. They ask all sorts of questions like interpreting data in various forms and comprehension from written and visual texts. It's really just a test of your basic intelligence and problem solving skills, if you're not paticularly bright/ have crap problem solving skills then no amount of study will help you get a great mark. The practise questions are a load of crap and aren't a very good indication of the types of questions asked. Seriously, I didn't study for a second and got a really good score so just go in there, read the questions slowly because they can be a bit curly and you'll be fine.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Verbal: 151
Quantitative: 163
Overall: 157

EDIT: I did stat incase i dont get into med >_<
my stat in 08 = 196

I sat stat to get into arts & i killed you, how do you have the intelligence to be a doctor.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
I got mine 20mins ago... quite disappointed and surprised at the same.
Does anybody know if just >150 STAT score guarantee's an entry with the required UAI. Or do you have to get a REALLY good STAT score?

for the undergraduate pharm. at usyd yeah it's just a hurdle mark. someone who gets 161 isn't given higher preference than someone who got 151. once you get over 150 they start considering you, and then it comes down to atar.

(i asked the pharmacy chick at the usyd open day :) )

goobop

HSC
i have no idea how they work out these things!!!

for a score of 150 what percentile do you need?

got my stat results back today, only got 168 and the percentile was 93.0 and my friend got 174 and her percentile was 98.7!!!

Half way to vet sci! good luck to every one doing pharmacy (not to my vet sci compeditors :p jokes) hopefully i'll meet you all in the course :)

ashllis92

HSC
I think 150 lies around the 55-60 percentile which in my opinion is fairly low... I spose the only thing USYD use it for is to see who actually thought about it and planned it as compared to the people putting in their preferences and thinking "hey Vet Science... that might be cool..."
Also if you're not happy with your STAT, I wouldn't be too worried seeing as they only use it as a filter ie. you get 150+ they consider you you, you don't sit STAT or get under 150, they don't consider you. Your friend isn't at a better advantage just by getting 174... On a vaguely related note, I got 174 in the May session and it was only a 98.1 percentile so obviously the candidature changes for each sitting so I wouldn't worry too much about your percentile, you got 150 that's all that matters.
I guess here would be the right place to wish you luck and if you didn't want to do Vet Science, I would... lol, I hope that you get in but only if I get in first :d

Barry_

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know what STAT is needed for any Computer-Related Undergraduate Bachelor?

robbie_11

HSC
Yeah so what do you people think
Overall stat score i fot 147 eeeeeeeeeep
and percentile was 20

Im mature age and have completed a relevent apprenticeship to the course im applying for.. Can any1 give some advice to put my mind at ease
i cant beleive i scored so low</SPAN>

for design and technology teaching its a uai of 64????????

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
got my results today...

verbal STAT score: 167
quantitative STAT score: 170

overall STAT score: 168

93rd percentile :)

but averaging out my verbal and quantitative scores, shouldnt that be 169??? i dunno :(

Last edited:

-Onlooker-

HSC
got my results today...

verbal STAT score: 167
quantitative STAT score: 170

but averaging out my verbal and quantitative scores, shouldnt that be 169??? i dunno :(
More preference is given to the verbal side of things

I got 169 here

too late to apply for vet sci? the atar cutoff shouldn't be MUCH of an issue.

2sXc4yU

Banned
HSC

are you seriously PROUD of that? thats embarassing imo
i got 198 so suck on that

tabbouli

HSC
yh it does as logn as you get 150> then its the first step but ur atar plays a bigger part. someone with a higher atar (e.g 97) may get a place into pahrmacy with a stat of 155 before someone with an atar of 95 and a stat of 170.
got this info from uac the atar is a rank the higher ur rank (atar) ur the sooner ur considered for ur preference

TheMM

HSC
STAT overall of 159 (yeah not that great). There's no chance of USYD upping their STAT requirement from 150 riiiiighht? right? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)