STAT test?Please help extremely stressed. (1 Viewer)

daniel4592

HSC
Hey how is everyone, I am sitting a Stat test on Saturday because I failed to score 70.25 in my stupid HSC :mad: I got 68.9 :(. Anyways I am extremely worried about this, because it is the difference between me going to uni, or me going to work at a factory for the rest of my life.

What can I revise, Ive done the book that the UAC office gave me with the sample test, I dont see anything you can study in particular and its all a bit random :S?
I am also worried with the score I got in the practice test I got a 50/70 :(:(:(, Im not sure how this converts to the score they give you at the end?
I also want to clarify something else, I was told to get a equivalent 77.10 ATAR in the Stat test is getting a final mark of 155, does that mean 70 is in the low 140's? would my 50/70 give me this score.

Thanks Heaps!

daniel4592

HSC
Please if someone can help Im pretty much begging at this point.

DTFM

HSC
I took it in 2008. Studying won't help you do any better in it.

daniel4592

HSC
I know which is why I am so worried :(, at least with the HSC I feel like Ive put effort in, with this you cant and if you dont get enough, My life will be ruined and I will blame my self for the next 60 years of my factory working life.

DTFM

HSC
Why did you do poorly in the HSC? Did you simply not care about it, or did you just find it difficult?

daniel4592

HSC
Oh I did care very much :). Some terrible subject choices such as Advanced English and Software Design and being a extremely crappy school where 8 teachers came and went for Software Design, it wasnt easy.

DTFM

HSC
My friend and I did extremely poorly in the HSC, he got a UAI of around 48, I got a UAI of around 46. We took the STAT to get into university, I believe he scored in the 73rd percentile or so and got into Computer Science at UWS, I scored in the 96.4th percentile and got into Arts at UWS. If you are reasonably smart you should be fine.

daniel4592

HSC
So there is no way to actually find out if I scored a 50/70 what percentile I would be in?

daniel4592

HSC
Ok thanks everyone, Ill keep hope hahah, I have to remember that the other people probably aren't much smarter than me, or they wouldn't be sitting the test either.

DTFM

HSC
Ok thanks everyone, Ill keep hope hahah, I have to remember that the other people probably aren't much smarter than me, or they wouldn't be sitting the test either.
There are a lot of very smart HSC students doing it so they can get into pharmacy or veterinary science at USyd.

daniel4592

HSC
Doesnt sound too good ;), Oh well what ever happends, I know I could have got an ATAR of 80 if I didnt do Advanced English and Software Design, these people can't be the smartest, if they were they'd be in their courses already.

Edit:
Dont worry Ive discovered what you mean ,they need to sit the STAT test, Im aiming for a 70.25 so I dont need to be on par with them.
Wouldn't most of them sat the test after the hsc last year?

Last edited:

timmy_b

HSC
N/A
just relax mate, who said if you dont get in you will spending the rest of your life working in a factory.

there are always ways to get into university, even if you work for a year or two. but you should be right, i got a decent percentile and got into my course of 72 atar and i know a mate who done poorly in the stat but still got into arts at uws.

its one of those tests that even if you think you did bad, you could of done pretty well. vise versa. the stressing comes into waiting the 3-4 odd months to get them results back

mbbs

HSC
Does anyone know it theres a mark for the STAT test required to get into vet science at Usyd, i got a score of 159 not sure if thats good enough

the smiths

HSC
N/A
How did everyone go on yesterdays STAT test? I was a little sleep deprived, so I didn't do the best I could. Here's hoping that I at least get a decent score.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)