• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Stat Test Scores And Percent Rankings (1 Viewer)

grinstef

HSC
N/A
Hi All, I am new year.
I got my STAT test results today (in SA) and I got 175. They said I scored higher than 99% of applicants.

Does this sound right? My score seems a little low to be higher than 99%...
If you guys dont mind could you post your stat test results and percentile rankings? or pm them to me?

I'm scared there is some kind of mistake and I dont want to get my hopes up...

HSC
A STAT score of 160 had a percentile rank of 76.3 in 2004.

pianarchist

HSC
N/A
Hey,

I got a score of 176 and was told that it was higher then 99% of other scores as well. I expected to do well so I wasn't too quick to question it but I have had a nagging feeling that 176 out of 200 doesnt really sound like a top 1% score.

It's interesting to note that the quantative and so called "verbal" components are each scored from 100 to 200. It suggests that the questions must be given different weightings or something. There are only 70 questions in total.

I really don't understand how the scoring is done. I've been looking at the statistics provided by SATAC on their website:

2008: http://www.satac.edu.au/satac/pubstats/publicunis2008/table39.htm
2007: http://www.satac.edu.au/satac/pubstats/publicunis2007/table39.htm
2006: http://www.satac.edu.au/satac/pubstats/publicunis2006/table39.htm

but they seem to have been scored differently.

I'm just waiting to get the letter that they are meant to be sending out. I'll feel much better when I have a hard copy.

pianarchist

HSC
N/A
actually I think I have been reading those statistics wrong...I was assuming that it was starting with the lowest score from the top because of how they put the "did not sit" first but I'm sure it actually starts with the highest score out of 200 at the top (can't believe I didnt get that before).

Anyway...this should be very reassuring for both me and you because it shows that last year's STAT score went down to 175 and was still only 0.7% of people who sat the test. Meaning a score of 175 would have been higher than 99% of other scores!

cool...I feel better

Gatorade

HSC
well i got 173 and it said top 97.6% of candidates.

grinstef

HSC
N/A
Ah thanks guys, yeah i spoke to someone from satac on the phone today and he said 175 was definately in the top 1%, so i feel a bit better.
but yeah i still want a hard copy lol

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
you get your results 4 weeks after sitting the test, correct?

NickyK

HSC
Wow congrats on doing so well in the test guys - what courses are you all hoping to get a place in?

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
Evena few marks makes a big difference- i sat the test with a friend & got results 2 weeks ago. I got 163 & 82.9% percentile whilst my friend got 161 & 51% percentile (50 something percentile- not sure of exact value)

robbie_11

HSC
Yeah so what do you people think
Overall stat score i fot 147 eeeeeeeeeep
and percentile was 20

Im mature age and have completed a relevent apprenticeship to the course im applying for.. Can any1 give some advice to put my mind at ease
i cant beleive i scored so low

iknight89

HSC
Is scoring 145 with a percentile rank of 15% whilst trying to get into a 7X UAI subject being too unrealistic?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)