• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

STAT (to gain entry) (1 Viewer)

s-one-5

HSC
N/A
hey,

I am wanting to do the Bachelor of Health Science/ Master of Physiotherapy combined degree at UWS in 2011, and was wondering what kind of score i would need to average on the stat test to give me a realistic chance of entry.

Anybody here entered with the stat test?

UAI not competitive... fucked around too much when i was at school, so now its time to right my wrongs.

thnx

S-1-5

DTFM

HSC
You would have to get a percentile rank similar to the ATAR cutoff so just do better than 98.55 percent of everyone else taking the test and you will be golden.

s-one-5

HSC
N/A
You would have to get a percentile rank similar to the ATAR cutoff so just do better than 98.55 percent of everyone else taking the test and you will be golden.
damn lol

how does the percentile rank work exactly?

DTFM

HSC
If you get a percentile rank of 98.55 that means you did better than 98.55% of the people who have taken the test. Picture in your mind walking into the room to sit the STAT with 100 other people. Only one or two of them can do better than you if you want to get into physiotherapy.

Last edited:

s-one-5

HSC
N/A
i was thinking of doing the STAT test this month and applying for the course next year will that effect the application in anyway?

DTFM

HSC
No, STAT scores are valid for ages.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi s-one-5,
Just letting you know that the STAT doesn’t go on a percentile ranking like someone above said. STAT scores are converted to an equivalent ATAR using a set conversion table. If you would like to know more about the conversion process and whether the STAT will make you competitive for entry to B. Health Science/M. Physiotherapy, please call the UWS Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669.
Also, STAT scores are valid for 3 years.
Hope this helps.

s-one-5

HSC
N/A
would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a STAT conversion table if possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)