STAT170 Should I do it Internally or externally? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I can't decide between doing it in uni or doing it externally? Has anyone who's done it internally recommend not to do it externally? Is it that hard that you advise to do it in uni?

HSC
I also have a question in regards to enrolling in a unit that is not in my planned schedule of units, I received emails for the department of sociology in regards to getting approval first... so do I need to get a form and it needs to be signed from both ERIC and Sociology departments, because I really want to do SOC365 and it wont let me enrol on estudent.. what do you guys reckon?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
It is an unbelievably easy unit, requiring fairly basic maths skills. The lecture notes are sufficient and the course is generally taught well imo. Why do you want to do it externally?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
To answer your first question, if you can get to university its probably better to do it at the uni rather than externally. Altough they give good notes, being present at the lectures probably gives students an advantage as you can ask questions. Also, if you do it externally the you dont have tutorials/practicals. Although i found practicals boring as piss, i found that the tutorials were sometimes helpful.

Not sure about your next questions :/

mserica

HSC
In my opinion i couldnt imagine doing it externally!!

I am glad i done it internally due to the amount of support you have from your friends, tutor etc for example each week with the quizes, if you do them with a bunch of friends makes it so much easeir.

As for the assignments, there group assignments which is also a great thing as you can bounce ideas of each other and other groups!!

I couldnt have passed doing it externally but then again - Stats is not my strong area!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
if you don't like maths or stats, do it internally, chances are you might still feel lost.
if you do, externally could be ok, but it's much better to do it internally because it's better to be there and be able to see the slides rather than to have to do it at home

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I agree with Cyan, mserica and IAB - its great having the support of other students, and having easy access to tutors. If you can, I would recommend doing it internally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)