• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

state library (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I'm here now, actually, and I'm half a suburb away from Rahul. Try some westie libraries sometime, and you'll understand ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well, if anyone digs this thread out of the second page and wonders who it is that has been walking around both state libraries in a BOS shirt today... ;)

Rahul

Dead Member
its open from 9am to 9pm => 12hrs of potential work. :D

fuck, i just realised that it is open for only 11-5 :mad1: i was planning to go there tmw.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul

fuck, i just realised that it is open for only 11-5 :mad1: i was planning to go there tmw.
Originally posted by Dash
Rahul why do you bother going there when its almost an hour away? :p

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Rahul

11-5 is weekends btw

does n e body actually work from 9-9?! I get 10 hours at the most (and Im happy with that)

Rahul

Dead Member
are you thick or something dash? :p

i go there because i have can do 12 hours of 'potential' work. like pri said, no one can do 12 straight or reach there on time, even around 10 is a lot!

i can go to local library, 10-7.30, but people end up coming there that i know and that sometimes doesnt end up being productive....

i cant stay at home...obviously

and the trip there isnt a waste either. i spend time reading my novels for eng. so in effect i am doing another ~2hrs of study :D

i cant believe i had to spell that out....

pri, yes i know it was weekends. stuff going there for 6 hrs...i will sleep :p

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Well, if anyone digs this thread out of the second page and wonders who it is that has been walking around both state libraries in a BOS shirt today... ;)
hehe i sAW you i fink!~
were u like fully walkign around everywhere?

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Yeah, a few times. The first time I lost my copy card. The second time some ass stole my spot, then pretended he was a fob and didn't understand what "this is my spot, hence my stuff all over it" means. Grrr...stupid rude people. Couldn't even kick him in the head, otherwise I'd get my membership revoked and they'd ban me and I wouldn't be able to study and I'd fail the HSC and I'd end up a hobo living on the steps of Mitchell library screaming German obsceneties at passers by...

malayz_angel

Went State Library on Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesday it was so packed that my friend and I had to pull a couple of chairs out and sit in an aisle. On Thursday, some crazy guy disturbed the peace momentarily by swearing loudly, going up the stairs to the balcony and spitting at people below. Lol I don't know if I want to go back.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Really? Wow, in that case, I'm glad that guy stole my table! I ended up moving to Mitchell, which was much nicer but had no Japanese dictionaries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)