State Of Origin (1 Viewer)

Minimachine

HSC
I think all over,they played pretty shocking as a team, no real standout performances. Hayne is by far my favourite player and im even willing to say he made some mistakes on the wing.If bellamy is to stupid realise that hayne needs to go fullback, then im thinking there needs to be a new coach. As soon as he slid back,they scored in the proceeding plays. state of origin 2,have hayne at fullback,gidley either bench or 5/8 with idris on the wing and lyon in the centres,presuming the same players stay in the team. The selectors screwd it up this year.

Lentern

HSC
I think all over,they played pretty shocking as a team, no real standout performances. Hayne is by far my favourite player and im even willing to say he made some mistakes on the wing.If bellamy is to stupid realise that hayne needs to go fullback, then im thinking there needs to be a new coach. As soon as he slid back,they scored in the proceeding plays. state of origin 2,have hayne at fullback,gidley either bench or 5/8 with idris on the wing and lyon in the centres,presuming the same players stay in the team. The selectors screwd it up this year.
I've said already I think Hayne should play fullback but from where has this delusion about it being a necessity come from? I remind you he only began playing fullback mid last year and played a devastating role on the left wing during last years origin series. Gidley lacks the cut through of an origin fullback I'll grant you that but if there was someone of an inform David Peachey/Anthony Minichello caliber available for NSW they should keep Hayne out on the wing.

Perhaps you need reminding that it's wingers who tend to end up in one on one situations and that aside from perhaps Greg Inglis it is Jarryd Hayne who is pretty much the least stoppable player in such a situation.

And the try which Hayne played a part in from fullback was largely Lyons work, Hayne was competent, professional, effective etc but it was Lyon who really created the try.

I haven't watched that much NRL this year, where did all the NSW fullbacks go? Gidley is a half by specialty, Hayne is a recent convert from the wing, I'm guessing Brett Stewart is busy trying to stay out of gaol, Minichello is probably passed it, Hornby is a halfback these days...where did they all go? Honestly if Jarryd Hayne broke his leg I'd be tempted to play Luke Burt for lack of better choice.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
That's funny.. coz i wasn't trying to be.

I was merely responding to this comment:

The fact that a player like Berrick Barnes, who couldn't even make first grade in League, can simply walk into the Union National team.. speaks volumes about the state of that sport in Australia
Very very VERY different games to play...

As you would know if you actually PLAYED them

HSC

iv played both and they are very similar and it is very easy to adapt to either
slight differences in play are nothing to get your panties in a bunch about, the fundamentals are the same

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
and the wallabies have at least 5-6 decent teams to contend with, as opposed to like 2 with the kangaroos
umm what does that have do with anything? there's only one national side in both sports..

Originally Posted by Teclis

ok, i'll admit i haven't played union... i couldn't care less about it tbh

johony

HSC
umm what does that have do with anything? there's only one national side in both sports..
it was in regards to his other comment regarding the wallabies not doing well.

johony

HSC
league is a shitload quicker to play, no brown nosing in rucks or mauls or other shit

but again it's more tiring so yeah

johony

HSC
There's only brown nosing if your forwards are shit...

When Union is played well it's a running game that moves very quickly... but granted this is only 1/10 games
aka fiji only

the rest (generally) can't string more than 3 passes together

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
it's pointless. "Cross-code test"? What game would you play that would even moderately measure who the better team was? A hybrid game wouldn't prove anything.. however, you could play two games: one league the other union though. .
i think the proposal was 6 tackles in the defensive half, rucks n mauls in the attacking half

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)