State rank | 99.95 hsc tutoring | all rounder band 6 content guaranteed (1 Viewer)

wliu1996

HSC
Hello, my name is Weber Liu and I am a HSC tutor who scored a 99.95ATAR in 2014 and achieved a state rank in Chemistry.

I wish to offer my tuition services to students studying for the HSC in years 11 and 12. My past students have seen definite improvement in their mathematics marks of up to 150% percent and I am certain I can improve your marks as well. My main areas of tutoring are Advanced Mathematics, Extension 1 mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.

If you follow my complete guidance, I can guarantee that we will cover all the content in these subjects to at least a BAND 6 level, and if you are extremely strong at applying the knowledge I impart, you can potentially achieve a state rank.

My lessons will follow the HSC syllabus and are structured every week to ensure that you reconsolidate the concepts taught to you at school. Join me through the HSC and I promise I will take care of your education.

These are examples of the notes which i will teach from:
Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNG

My Lesson plans are:
- First 30 minutes with a mini exam-styled content-based quiz followed by how I would personally answer the question to obtain maximum marks and point out potential pitfalls in exams.
- 10 minutes clarifying any discrepancies in subject knowledge
- 1 hour 20 minutes teaching from my BAND 6 or STATE RANK CHEMISTRY NOTES where I will go through examples and ENSURE you understand how to answer potential exam questions.
- I will finally provide you with homework to ensure you consolidate what you have learned with me during our lesson.

Outside of the lesson, depending on how busy my uni schedule is, I will be answering any questions which confuse you during the week by email.

My academic achievements include:
- Graduated from Sydney Boys High School in 2014 with a 99.95 ATAR
- State rank in NSW for Chemistry (19th )
- HSC All-rounder
- Australian Student Prize winner
- Ranking of 3rd (internally and overall) in highschool trials
- 1st in HSC Physics (overall) in the school
- 2nd in HSC Chemistry (overall) after the HSC
- 3rd in Preliminary Physics and Chemistry in Y11

My HSC marks were:
- 97 in Chemistry (state rank 7th through to 19th got the same mark)
- 95 in Physics
- 99 in Extension 1 mathematics
- 96 in Extension 2 mathematics
- 94 in Advanced English

My rates:
• $45/hr for 1-on-1 tutoring at my house
• $40/hr per person for 2-on-1 tutoring at my house
For tutoring elsewhere in the St George area, I charge an extra $5/hr for travel costs.
Please note that these are hourly rates – I would recommend having 2 hour lessons in order to comfortably cover the syllabus

About me:
I currently study a combined degree of Bachelor of Science(Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine in the University of Sydney. This semester I have come 6th in First Year Chemistry (out of 2000+ students) and I have obtained a HD WAM. I am currently the recipient of the Chancellor’s award scholarship in my university.

I offer my services mainly in Preliminary and HSC Chemistry and Physics. On that note, I do also teach Advanced mathematics, Extension 1mathematics and Extension 2 mathematics.

My lessons are 2 hours long and are held in either my home or in the comfort of your own home. I have a dedicated room with a whiteboard and a printer to ensure a seamless learning experience. I teach students using examples of my eclectic set of resources from a wide variety of tutoring centres, textbooks (some of which are out of print), handouts, past papers and my own notes.

Contact me to enquire about where I can tutor!

For Preliminary and HSC students, I ensure that I will provide you with the experience that I had during Year 11 and 12 and will strive to help you achieve your potential.

To contact me, feel free to email wliu1996@hotmail.com.au or call/text me at 0468678002. I look forward to hearing from you :wavey:

Last edited:

Tugga

HSC
bump!

Can confirm, very knowledgeable guy and would expect him to be a great teacher!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)