State rank for Business and Economics (1 Viewer)

uniqueusername1

HSC
Hey, I am currently on a 95 internally for economics and 96 internally for business (both first). I am first in both however, I go to a rank 300 school. Am I on the track to state rank any? I know I can improve for the HSC.

Epicman69

HSC
Pretty you can state rank both, provided that you score very close to 100 if not 100 on the HSC, but that is for every subject tho and considering you are first in your school, the cohort's mark won't affect you much or at all.

nourished.

HSC
Hey, I am currently on a 95 internally for economics and 96 internally for business (both first). I am first in both however, I go to a rank 300 school. Am I on the track to state rank any? I know I can improve for the HSC.
Hmm, difficult to answer. It really depends on a whole lot of other factors, such as how well the rest of the HSC cohort does this year. Economics and business studies has a relatively lower sample space of students. So, if a lot of students in higher ranking schools score the same or higher than you, the odds of a state rank are not in your favour. I reckon, however, if you score a really high external mark like 98, a state rank might be fair game. For reference, I got 97 for both internals and externals in economics, and still did not get a state rank.

All of this probably sounds more discouraging than encouraging. But, I believe in you. Remember to come back to the forum to tell us about your state ranks when you get your marks back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)