State Rank Question (1 Viewer)

samara13

HSC
ok so i have a latin extension class of 2, and am ranked second. my overall mark was 49/50, (49 point something but i rounded down) and my friend's mark was 50/50. i only really lost 1 mark on unseen translation, which i have been intensively practicing. if i both my friend and i manage to receive a mark in the hsc of 50/50, will our internal marks subsequently be pulled up to 50, since the class average is 100%? if this occurs, will we both get state ranks?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Hopefully I am not mistaken, but if both you and the student ranked first manage to score a perfect mark in your Latin Extension HSC exam, then you should both also receive 50/50 as your Assessment Mark, resulting in a perfect HSC mark for both of you, in which case both of you should state rank this subject.

Recalling the moderation process, the highest Assessment Mark (i.e. that of the student ranked first) is adjusted to equal the highest Examination Mark of any student in the cohort. For example, if you or the other student achieves an HSC exam mark of 48/50, which happens to be the highest, this mark will also become the Assessment Mark (internal mark) of the student ranked first. Similarly, the lowest Assessment Mark (in that case, your mark, since you are ranked second out of two students, which is technically last) is adjusted to equal the lowest Examination Mark of any student in the cohort. For example, if you or the other student achieves an HSC exam mark of 43/50, which happens to be the lowest, this mark will also become your Assessment Mark. I believe that this process would also apply to a cohort of 2 students.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)