Statement of intent (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Help me out u guys... this is what i have for my statement so far..

7 Days is my attempt at giving people insight into their lives, while also giving a snap-shot into the life of another person. For a digital artist to create a successful image the artist needs to have an understanding of light and shadow, color theory, volume and blending, the same basic elements an analog artist needs. I have reflected this through my use of these traditional artistic theories to express myself.

Doesn't sound that good and it's like 72 words lol...

Anyone wanna give me an idea of what their statements are sounding like?

Jase

HSC
"My work am good. wooooooooo oooooooooooooooo oooooo oo oooooooo oo oooooo ooooooooooooooooo o oooooo ooo o o. Ee eeee e ee eee eee eee."

Caboodles

wow sounds grrreat! *falls over at technicality of statement of intent*
....lol mine will be er.....my work is done on the computer lol......:D
Yeah it sounds great!:) States your concept and how you went about doin it- also how you developed ideas as you created it!

Caboodles

Not-That-Bright said:
yea, feels like im sucking my own ass tho.
Yeah it kinda does feel awkward talking about yourself doesn't it? Lol I am not looking forward to writing one of these....:(
So how long does it have to be? 50 words? How are you gonna cut it down if it is?

Jase

HSC
Well you answer it methodically with one or two word answers.

1. Jesus
2. Jesus led me
3. through Jesus
4. hmm.... i would like to include Jesus.

And just replace "Jesus" with your underlying concept. i.e. Furry Animals , Digital Media

Caboodles

Jase said:
Well you answer it methodically with one or two word answers.

1. Jesus
2. Jesus led me
3. through Jesus
4. hmm.... i would like to include Jesus.

And just replace "Jesus" with your underlying concept. i.e. Furry Animals , Digital Media
Lol....*falls over laughing*
Imagine what they would say if I wrote that....

SmiLeyZ

they said on the letter that they might like fix it for u or something...
bt 50 words is not enough man!!

Serg01

How about mine...
'Unententionlly, my Body of Works became an exploration of Isolation rather han a technical analyasis of Turner’s technique. However in the end, both found eachother.'

Last edited:

Caboodles

Help meeeeee.........this is what I have so far.......
"Cartoons are childs play, yet when representing serious aspects of our contemporary world they can be confronting and satirical towards the world around us. I aim to evoke these viewpoints using a pastiche of real media- photography, drawing, painting, superimposed with digital techniques and rendering in Photoshop CS to create an allegorical work which provides MEANING."
Is that okay or just shit?

cuivienen

HSC
Caboodles said:
Help meeeeee.........this is what I have so far.......
"Cartoons are childs play, yet when representing serious aspects of our contemporary world they can be confronting and satirical towards the world around us. I aim to evoke these viewpoints using a pastiche of real media- photography, drawing, painting, superimposed with digital techniques and rendering in Photoshop CS to create an allegorical work which provides MEANING."
Is that okay or just shit?
Sounds wonderful *two thumbs up* Very concise and professional...

winicat

HSC
do we have to do these stupid things if we didn't get into ArtExpress???

tranquilized

HSC
Would your statement of intent effect your chances of getting into art express?

winicat

HSC
probably not seeing as i can't remember much about my work anymore (i didn't take photos and stuff and i had everything in my VAPD)

_kc

HSC
N/A
Ok i'm lost. So are we meant to answer all 4 questions in our statement of intent in no more then 50 words?!

Jase

HSC
yes.. it's so gay, they give you space to write like 200 words, but you must write *no more* than 50. Who cares.. just go over the limit by like 20 if you have to.

Mine is 80 words:
"Every religion is equal, each expressing the same fundamental creed of life itself. The interest in faith was led by my own search for an absolute truth, spurred by the works of such figures as Da Vinci and Jung. Visually explored through classical and Impressionist approaches to painting, each of the objects are symbols for humanity's archetypes: emotion, perfection, ritual, mortality, perception. Religion should be syncretic, uniting all these concepts in a final consummation of faith."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)