Statements (1 Viewer)

roo

HSC
I was wondering if anyone is handing their statements in with their works? I'm not sure if i should or not.. our teacher wasn't too keen on it.. :confused:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by roo
I was wondering if anyone is handing their statements in with their works? I'm not sure if i should or not.. our teacher wasn't too keen on it.. :confused:
whoops, missed that one.

errr... what's a statement?:confused:

roo

HSC
its a thing that goes with your work, like a paragraph explaining what ur work means and who were your influences blah blah..

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ahh so you can give them an idea about your work without them having to wade thru your entire process diary.

buuuuttttt... i'm guessing some ppl think it's a bad idea since then it might seem like your work can't stand up without documentation. hmmm. better think about that one.

roo

HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery
ahh so you can give them an idea about your work without them having to wade thru your entire process diary.
but they don't look at your process diary unless your work is held back.. right?? huuh.. :confused:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by roo

but they don't look at your process diary unless your work is held back.. right?? huuh.. :confused:
damn! quick response time. yes i don't think they look at it unless yr work is held back...

and also if there's differences between the markers, like one gives it 48/50 and one gives it 23 or something, then they'll look at yr diary for extra evidence/backup on your work and ideas and blah.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery

damn! quick response time. yes i don't think they look at it unless yr work is held back...

and also if there's differences between the markers, like one gives it 48/50 and one gives it 23 or something, then they'll look at yr diary for extra evidence/backup on your work and ideas and blah.
i thought the statement was like compulsory or something?? our teacher hasn't told us about it yet though, but i remember her saying something last year about how u have to submit some bullshit reflection thing, like a few lines or something?

i dunno im looost.

roo

HSC
nah it's not compulsory.. im still not sure whether to do it or not!?!? i'm already packing my stuff, such a hassle grrr :(

Sniffer

My teacjer said, if u do somthing and the people think u are ripping it off, eg; copywrite, they will ask for your diary,

even though i havent copied anything,...i got nothing in their :rolleyes:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
talked to my teacher, and as far as my school goes:
  • statements are not compulsary (but we have to write one if we get shortlisted for artexpress)
  • diaries get looked at if your work marks at either end of the scale (very good or very poor)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)