• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Stationary for uni (Engineering/science courses) (1 Viewer)

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
hey
i was wondering what most people use at uni for their stationary needs? Do you use subject divided notebooks, thin exercise books etc?

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Well I do commerce, but I just take a pen, maybe a highlighter and the lecture notes. Sometimes some spare paper, but I usually just scribble down things onto the lecture notes.

I also take a calculator to tutorials if there were calculations in the tute hw.

When I get home I then hole punch the lecture notes and put them into a binder folder. I type up my notes so I don't need any note books. I just use loose leaf paper for hw.

Last edited:

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
If your degree is within the Faculty of Science, most courses already have lecture notes on UNSW's WebCT (This is your main server where you can access your course's lecture notes, announcements, discussions etc), then you just print your lecture notes and bring em to the lecture.

If you unlucky enough to do courses that are run through the BEES department i.e. genetics, 9 out of 10 times you'll need to bring in loose paper to write notes on.

No real need for laptops.

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
Mines under the faculty of engineering. What about laptops and recorders? Is it necessary to buy them?

Vylen

HSC
definitely not recorders... UNSW policy is that you're not allowed to record lectures by yourself... mainly to prevent possible theft of lecture material....
you may be lucky in some lecturers may choose to get the uni to record the lectures for them and they will be placed on the internet....

as for laptops, it purely depends on your course... i have a laptop but thats cause im doing software engineering.. got lots of reports to write and programming assignments...

as for pen and paper, if i ever need to, i use loose-leaf paper i stick in a binder.... i prefer it when people use that as opposed to books cause it means you can lend out your notes and receive notes from others much more easily ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)